Chapter 1

This is my  first ever book so please enjoy :)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Hey, Max. How ya doin?" shouted John, his best friend who was across the playground from Max. Max was busy doing homework and as he saw John, Max shook his brown hair out of his eyes and grinned.

"Hey, John. I'm doin fine, dude and you?" Max shouted back. John had a black eye from the local bullies. "Not good I'm afraid." John said as he ran towards Max.

Max grimaced as he saw the black eye. "Eeeeeesh. Bad luck man. Wanna get outta here?" John nodded, "Yeah, lets get outta here before Lance comes. Apparently he wants to do you next! He also did Fawn and her friends dude."

Max hurredly packed up, zipped his bag up and slung his bag over one shoulder while nervously looking around. A biggish, toughish looking boy appeared at the other end.

"Hey Max. Come here I wanna talk to you. ALONE!"

Max shook his head fast.

Max and John gulped nervously and ran out the playground together. They never stopped until they were safe inside Max's Aunts house. Her name was Judy.

She was holding a bible study in the lounge. Max and John crept upstairs without saying a word.

After Judy's bible study group left the two boys came down to see what snacks there were. Judy greeted them, "Hey guys. I didn't know that you were here. Why didn't you come and tell me Max?"

Max looked a bit scared but smothered it up. "Sorry aunt Judy. We kept ourselves busy upstairs. "

Judy grinned and nodded. "Okay come and eat. I will make some supper for all of us. Why don't you tell your mom that you are staying over, John?"

He nodded. He went to the lounge to phone in Private.