CHAPTER 3

TEN HOURS LATER:

Max looked around carefully as he snuck over to the phone. His fore-head was wet with perspiration. He froze every 2 steps. He took it up to his room when he heard his "aunt" come down the stairs.

He took out the card that Salvatore gave him. He punched in the numbers before he had any time to reflect and waited. It rung once. Twice. Three times it rang.......... No answer.

He ended the call quickly. He looked at the card then he looked back to the phone.

Judy POV:

"Max! Where are you! We need to talk! Get your ass in the lounge!" I yelled, crossly. I waited, tapping my foot.

I heard pounding of feet on the floor as Max ran in the lounge. "Yes aunt?"

"WHERE WERE YOU!?"

"I-I-n-n m-m-m-y-y rrooom aunt" He gulped and staying out of my reach.

He avoided my eyes for some reason.

The doorbell rang. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"WHO DID YOU CALL?"

"Uh..............no-one, aunt."

"DON'T LIE TO ME, YOU BRAT! NOW WHO DID YOU CALL?"

I had to remind myself of the rewards. If he found out the Truth.

Max shook and looked very pale. He said, "I called no-one!"

The doorbell rang again.

I sighed and went to look out the window. It was Josh and he looked very upset. I went to the door and unlocked it for him.

"Oh........hey, come in Josh."

He came in and went straight to the lounge. I followed him and surprise surprise Max wasn't there.

I was very surprised because Max knew to NEVER cross my boundaries.

Hmm...............

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I  WILL  UPDATE IF I GET A COMMENT.   Please..