• chalter 9 •

Ryder and I pulled away from our kiss. He looked deep into my eyes with adoration shining in his eyes.

"I-I-" Ryder starts to say but we are interrupted yet again by someone opening up the door.

Yep you guessed it. Hannah and Chase.

Trust Hannah and Chase.

"We did it again! See I told you we should have knocked!" Hannah yells at Chase smacking him over the head.

"Ow! Whatever." Chase huffs.

If it weren't for the situation I would be laughing.

"Um... So I'm really sorry, but Brooke if you haven't notice Mum and Dad will be looking for us any second." Hannah says.

"Oh Sh*t!" It finally clicks in my brain.

I stand up so fast, grab my cloths and shoes from last night and race out the bedroom door with Hannah, leaving both the boys just standing there.

In a way I'm glad that Hannah got me out of that situation, but then I'm sad cause I miss Ryders lips.

We run outside the house shutting the door behind us, and running across the street holding our cloths not caring what we look like. We are about to run up to the door but see Charles and Kim sitting in the front living room through the window. I see Kim start to turn her head towards us. Cr*p if she sees us we are getting roasted!

It all happened in slow motion.

I push Hannah into a bush and watch her horrid face, that is actually quite funny, fall to the ground. From the corner of my eye I still see Kim moving her head. Sh*t think! I grab a small stone from the ground and throw it with all my might towards the other side of the window to where me and Hannah are not in view. I then jump into the bush with Hannah and we hide. Hannah has a pissed of face and starts to get back up but I push her back down.

I peep through the bush to see Kim and Charles looking around to see what that noise is. They both shrug it off.

Few! I mentally wipe the sweat from my forehead.

Just when I think we are all good I see Kim talking to Charles. I am an expert at reading lips and my face morphs from a relief one to a horrid one as I watch her lips say, 'I'm going to check on the girls.'

This cannot be happening, this can not be happening.

I look at Hannah wide eyed.

"What!" She practically yells at me.

I don't have time to explain everything so I just simply say, "Kim's going to check on us!"

Her expression turns to the same as mine.

I quickly jump up and pull Hannah along with me.

We run to the side of the front of the house, where we have this wooden railing that has vines all on it. I look up at it then to Hannah. She gives me a look of 'your joking'. I shake my head no. I look back up and shrug.

I jump up and start to climb up.

Once I'm up I look down to see Hannah nearly there when suddenly her leg slips and she is about to fall. I drop to my knees and grab her arm. I pull her up as I stand up. I give her a quick hug then rush to my bedroom window.

I'm so glad my bedroom is on this side of the house, and that I never lock it.

I yank my window open and jump in. Hannah jumps in after me. I run to my bed and jump in and pull the covers open for me and Hannah as well. We sit up cross legged with the covers wrapped around us, so Kim won't see our shirts.

We hear footstep approaching the door.

We look at each other nervously, then I burst out laughing.

She then laughs at me.

Then we hear the door open. We quieten down and look over and see Kim.

"There you are Hannah. I went to your room and couldn't find you. Good morning girls." Kim says to us.

"Morning." We say in unison.

"Ok so we had new neighbours move in about two days ago, and we invited them over for dinner tonight. So I need you girls to be ready by 5 o'clock." She smiles at us and then leaves us alone.

We look at each other and then burst out laughing again.

I can't believe what just happened.