Chapter Two

"This mission led me nowhere." I muttered to myself. "Nothing but dead ends. I might as well make up for it by bothering Itachi and Sasuke." I cackled evilly.

I kept on walking to the hidden leaf village when I smelt something.

Like, smoke. But it was like... old and I could tell that it had been put out a while ago.

I wanted to figure out what had happened so I followed the smell.

-

-

It led me home.

-

-

But it wasn't home anymore. Everyone was dead, with their bodies lying everywhere. Blood was splattered all over the road and I gagged, trying not to throw up. I closed my eyes and then ran to my home and family, or what was left of them.

"What happened here?" I cried out, tears pouring down my cheeks.

Walking into the main room, my eyes were tortured and I couldn't help but scream.

No one would have been ready or have prepared themselves for the sight I saw.

My parents were dead on the floor, surrounded by their own pools of blood.

"No!! No, this is all a nightmare." I kept on telling myself. But I knew that it was real. This was my living nightmare. "Mother!! Father!!" I sobbed. I threw myself to the floor and cried my heart out.

After half an hour, I realised that my brothers...bodies... We're nowhere to be found. So, in a desperate state, I went looking for them.

"Sasuke!!! Itachi!!! Where are you!?!"

I turned every rock and stone over until I figured out where Sasuke and Itachi might be.

-

-

I knew where I should go first.

The hospital.

-

-

"Hi. I need to see if Sasuke Uchiha is here." I said quickly.

The nurse looked a bit shocked, which isn't surprising, considering I was covered in blood. She regained her composure after a minute and replied rudely "He isn't allowed any visitors, especially after what he has been through."

"What we have been through. I'm his sister."

She gasped, moving from behind the desk. "Of course. This way."

-

-

Sasuke looked banged up but alright. He was sleeping, but tossing around in the bed.

"I'll leave him be. Is Itachi here as well?"

"No Miss. Sasuke is the only one. I'm sorry for your losses." she said sadly.

"He shouldn't have to be put through this." I gestured and Sasuke. "He's so young, so innocent. He hasn't done anything wrong!" I banged my hand on the table. I took a couple of deep breaths. "Sorry. What is your name?"

"My name is Sapphira Uki. I'm thirteen."

"I'm Yuuki Uchiha. I'm fourteen, as you could probably guess." I smiled at her.

Her hair was brown and tied in a messy bun with her fringe hanging at the sides of her head, she had light green eyes and she was wearing black shorts that were half way down her leg and not past her knees, Blue ninja shoes, a blue top with a white top connected to the top and has what looks like claw marks on both shoulders and on her left side. She also had a long black ribbon tied in her hair that goes down to her waist. I could tell by her apperance that she was mature and kinder then most her age.

"Yeah I did when you said that you were his sister." She pointed to Sasuke.

"Do you know who commited the massacre on my clan?"

"No. That source is unknown...until he wakes up. He probably saw who did it."

"Yeah. But we have to wait until he is ready. Would it be okay if I was the one who interviewed him?"

"Of course."

"Has the Hokage been informed of what has happened?" I asked

"No miss."

"You can call me Yuuki, Sapphira. And could you do me a favour and go tell the Hokage what has happened."

"Of course... Yuuki." She gave a small smile before heading out.

-

-

I had almost fallen asleep next to Sasuke when he groaned, signalling that he was waking up.

"Hey buddy." I whispered. Completely awake now.

"Yuuki." He whispered back. He stared at me for a few seconds before bursting out into tears.

He cried and I cried with him, each of us comforting the others grief.

"I'm so sorry that i wasn't there Sasuke. forgive me." I pleaded

"I forgive you."

I hugged him tightly and said. "Let's make a vow to be there for each other. I promise to be there for you always little brother, Sasuke Uchiha. Whenever you need me, I'll be there. I will risk my life for you."

In reply Sasuke cried even harder.

Once he had calmed down enough to say something he sobbed. "I will too. I love you Yuuki."

I smiled through my tears. "I love you too Little Brother."

I sat with him for the rest of the night and he told me everything. He told me that he was going home from school when he saw what I saw, and that when he went home, he found out that it was Itachi who had been responcible, and that he had activated the Mangekyou Sharingan.

I had a sharp intake of breath when I heard that Itachi was responsible. I pulled Sasuke out of the hug and looked him straight in the eye.

"What do you plan on doing Sasuke?"

"I don't know."

"When you figure it out, tell me. Don't do anything stupid without me, you hear?"

"Okay Ane-san."

I hugged him close and tight, and began to wonder why Itachi had done such a thing when Sapphira walked in. Sasuke had fallen asleep, so she only spoke in a whisper.

"How is he?"

"You're going to have to ask him. But from what I can gather, he's horrified at what Itachi has done. Itachi was his brother and for him to do something like this..."

She gasped. "Itachi Uchiha did... that?"

"Yes. I can guarantee to you that when I see him, I'll ask him why and then... then I'm gonna kill him."

"But... he's your brother. Your twin!"

"I realise that. But for what he did... I can never forgive him."

She looked at the ground.

-

-

"And if he ever comes after or hurts Sasuke, he will wish that he had never been born. On that he has my word."

________________________________________________________________________

Photo on the side is:

Yuuki Uchiha