ch11

Now, I would say that's the end of my story.

The end of the legend of the equinox.

But it's not. Not really.

I've seen many things happen in the four days of the year I get to myself. There are wars, there is death.

There there is also happiness. Joy.

I have forgiven my sisters. Don't take me wrong, it took a few hundred years to do so, but I eventually did. They all forgave each other too. Because of my spell, they can't see one another anymore except for the transfer from one season to another. Spring sees Summer, Summer sees Autumn, Autumn sees Winter, and Winter sees Spring.

I am used as the "relayer." I take their messages to one another.

I always look forward to my four days. I enjoy doing what each of my sisters does during their time. I have learned to paint the tree leaves, to dance with bees, to draw each snowflake, to shine each sunbeam with care, and many, many other things.

The main thing I look forward to on each day of mine is--well, I'm sure you know.

I always look forward to seeing Orion.

He is always there in the sky, waiting for me. Some days he is fainter than others, but other days he shines so brightly in the sky that the people on the ground see him.

He laughs with me at the legends they have come up with about him. In some, he is a great hero--and in others, they say he was blinded because he chased after the wrong girl.

We laugh about how right the "chasing after the wrong girl" one is. He always says that he wouldn't have changed it for the world.

I believe him. I wouldn't either.

The many myths and legends surrounding on how the four seasons began to exist vary. A lot.

So do the ones about me.

Some are good, some are...less good. I can't say they are bad, but they seem to only make sense to the one who thought of it. All the legends are false though. That's fine. Let them think whatever they wish to.

I know my story.

And now, so do you.