~4~

Hermione was all nerves.

Daphne suggested that she meet their younger sister Astoria. Hermione vaguely remembered seeing her in the halls. She was always seen sporting a poker face or polishing her broom and never said much.

Daphne sent Astoria a fire message, and now they were waiting in their room. Pansy had offered to stay in an awkward show of support, but the sisters thought it would be better if it were just them.

Hermione didn't know what to expect. What if Astoria hated her right off the bat? What if she couldn't stand to look at her? What if she wanted nothing more than to ignore her existence?

As if sensing her anxiety, Daphne put a hand on her shoulder and offered her a smile. "Don't worry. Astoria is impassive, but she has a good heart. She'll love you." Her green eyes sparkled and Hermione's nerves settled. Daphne knew Astoria already, she had no reason to doubt her words. Perhaps she was right and Hermione was just overthinking things.

Suddenly the door opened and in walked a girl with brown hair and brown eyes. She had Daphne's face, but it was more serious looking.

Daphne and Hermione stood up as Astoria closed the door.

"Astoria, you made it!" Daphne said.

The younger girl shrugged. "My room is only down the hall, Daph." Her brown eyes flickered to Hermione and she saw a question form in her eyes. "What's she doing here? You said this was a family matter."

Hermione looked down nervously before nudging Daphne. "Yes," the blonde said. "You know Hermione, right?"

Astoria looked over her and shrugged. "I know of her. One-third of the Golden Trio, she helped to restore the Wizarding World, the brightest witch of our age." Hermione blushed at the description.

"Right! Well, have you ever stopped to wonder why she was placed in Slytherin so late?" Daphne asked.

"Not really." Another shrug. "It isn't any of my business." Hermione admired her for that. She and all her friends were as nosy as can be. She couldn't imagine seeing something strange and not investigating it. Hermione bet that Astoria didn't get into too much trouble.

Finally, she cleared her throat. Daphne couldn't do all the talking, after all. "So, basically, I was re-sorted because I received a letter from the Ministry of Magic stating that I wasn't who we all thought I was after all. My true name is Hermione Greengrass. I'm Daphne's twin sister, according to the book of family trees. We're sisters, all of us." Daphne sent her a smile and the two looked at Astoria nervously.

A look of shock passed through the younger girl's features before she snapped her eyes to Daphne. "Is this true? Do Mother and Father know? Why were we not told sooner?"

Daphne put her hands up to calm her down. "Astoria, it's all true. I wasn't completely sure about it either until I saw Hermione appear in our family tree. I haven't spoken to Mum or Dad since school started, but the Headmistress is arranging for us to visit the manor this weekend and talk it all out. Will you be joining us?"

Astoria scoffed. "Are you mad? Of course, I'll be joining!" She bounded over and looked Hermione in the eyes. "If you're truly my sister, I want to know you. The war has shown me that nothing is more powerful than family and if you are mine then I want to be yours."

A smile broke out over Hermione's face and she felt tears gather in her eyes. It felt like all the nerves she had carried with her was washed away with the acceptance of her sisters. Growing up as an only child, she had always wanted a sibling. Now she had two!

Daphne sniffled. "Aww, you guys. This is going to make me cry." She shuffled closer and pulled the two into a hug. Hermione threw her arms around her sisters and let out a tearful giggle.