[24] i'm not going anywhere

"I'm so sorry to inform you, but Matt Donovan is dead."

The voice of the doctor filled the ears of Caroline, Kira, Tyler, and Malia. Kira was the first to break down, she was his girlfriend after all. Tyler stares at the wall in shock while Malia enveloped him in a hug. Caroline was next; she slowly walked back into Isaac's room and sat down by his bed.

Even though he was still unconscious, she spoke to him. "Matt's dead. He was my best friend for god know's how long. He – He can't be dead."

Caroline couldn't finish as she broke down and cried

Caroline couldn't finish as she broke down and cried. She held onto Isaac's hand tightly and rested her head on the bed. Matt was supposed to be the one who lived through anything; being human in the supernatural world was a very dangerous life.

Isaac's eyes fluttered open a little and he had enough strength to squeeze Caroline's hand. "Hey, you still got me."

Caroline looked up and smiled when she saw Isaac was awake. She kissed his forehead. "I'm so lucky to have you."

Caroline looked down as Isaac fiddled with the daylight ring around her finger. That's when her eyes widened. Ring. Gilbert Ring. "I'll be right back."

Caroline rushed out of the room and into Matt's room. Just as she got to his bedside he shot up and gasped.

"God I hate being dead for a little bit," Matt breathed heavily. Caroline had totally forgotten about the Gilbert ring Matt had. It was able to bring him back from the dead.

Malia, Tyler, and Kira rushed into the room after Caroline had called out to them.

Kira ran over to Matt and held his hand. "But – But you died. How is this possible?"

Matt held up his ring, "This ring brings me back from the dead when I die. I'm not going anywhere Kira."

__________

"Double dates aren't really my thing," Damon said putting on his shirt.