Ch. 10 Career choices

I woke up to the smell of burnt bacon. I shot up to see what was going on and to my surprise it was Josh cooking breakfast. “Sunday morning breakfast.” He smiled. I looked at the plate on the table and pushed it away, then chuckled to myself. I walked over to him.

“Alright you win, please don’t cook anymore.” I said kissing him. It was a reaction, and I couldn’t resist. I pulled away turning around grinning like an idiot. That is when the phone ringed, “Hello!” My face perked.

“I want you and Josh down here for the cannonball run.” My face turned serious as I put the phone on speaker. “So meet me back at the storage station. I want you and Josh preparing for this one.”

“Ahh, for the Big Thunder?” I asked. The Big Thunder was a huge race, it was like the Super Bowl for us. Only the elite runners can make it. This was supposed to be my year.

“Exactly, now if I want to win the big cash I want you two to be practicing.”

“Okay.” After I said that she clicked off. I turned around to face Josh. “Are you ready?” I asked him.

“Yeah sure… but my car isn’t.” He said clicking his tongue. “Won’t be until 4pm.” He raised his shoulder and walked off. I looked at the clock it was a little pass 10 and I proceeded to taking a shower. After that I got a call from Angel asking if I willingly wanting to come with her to one of her shoots.

“Oh, like a modeling company you work at.” I spoke over the phone.

“Exactly.” She said in a perky tone. “Um, see you at the Markison Center around 11.” Then she clicked off. I went to find a nice outfit. Hollister white jeans, a red belt. Floral red shirt and black stilettos. I grabbed my keys and just as I was about to head out the door Josh stood in front of me.

“No! You are not leaving me in this house again ALONE.” He said grabbing his jacket.

“You don’t even know where I’m going.” I rolled my eyes. He followed behind me as he locked the door.

“Yeah, but it’s better than here, this neighborhood is jank and everyone is gay.” He climbed into he car and I started driving, “Where are we going?” He asked.

“I have to go see Angel work.” His face brightened.

“I may not like her brother, but she is one hot girl that I would not mind crossing paths with Brandon.” He smirked, “I know exactly what she does.”

“And how exactly?” I said eyeing him at a red light.

“She’s on magazine and she is one of the poster children for Hollister.” He leaned back and closed his eyes. “I like this little adventure.” I rolled my eyes and the rest of the ride was silent until one of his songs came on.

“BALL SO HARD.” He started going, “BALL SO HARD.” Now I was just getting a headache, just when I thought he shut up, “BALL SO HARD, THIS SHIT CRAY.” He rapped. I shut off the radio. I didn't have a problem with rap, I had a problem with Josh's sexy voice.

“That wasn’t very nice.” He said as if he knew it was bothering me. I shot him a glare and pulled into the parking lot. The building was huge and shaped like a stadium, I told them I was a guest of Angel Valentine and they approve and let me through with Josh. Half-naked girls where everywhere walking in rooms. I set my purse down by Angel’s desk, where she was no where to be found. One man looked at Josh.

“You there, come!” Josh raised an eyebrow and then looked at me. “Boy! Come here or leave,” Josh wasn’t going to leave, I knew that for sure. Josh followed the man and I walked near the set. Angel was taking pictures. I waved so she can see me and she stopped in her place and smiled. She walked over to her designer.

“This is her guys, she’s here!” Angel grabbed my hand and moved me towards the background. It was a beach scenario and fireplace in the background. “Just go with it.” She said to me. That was harder than it look. I copied exactly Angel’s face. Serious. Dirty, nothing about this was cute. It was a hot ad. It was meant to look sexy. So I tried the more serious tones. Brining on a hard look.

“You, you!” The woman with a thick French accent, “Poster Child?” She asked. I shook my head. “Markele!” She yelled, he came out from around the corner. “Sign her up, European Tour.” Her voice snapped at Markele. European Tour?

“Um, I’m only in 11th grade.” I informed in case they needed that information.

“But aren’t you turning 18?” Angel asked.

“Started school late, moving a lot.” She nodded.

“I just would have thought you were a senior,” She smiled. “Anyways, the European Tour isn’t until summer.” She shrugged.

“Girl, what’s your name?” The woman with the accent spoke.

“Ada Blume,” I said at her.

“Happy flower?” The woman spoke. Does everyone know what that meant? “That’s your new poster name,” What? Eww!

“Madame Meusier, Ada sounds… sexier; more people will want to be sexier, like her.”

“Eh… I trust you Angel.” I resisted rolling my eyes. It was almost 4 and we needed to go get Josh’s car.

“What if I don’t want to?” I asked and no one answered me. “I said, what if I don’t want to?!” I shouted to this time.

Angel looked at me  “Modeling for Madame Meusier is not a choice, everyone knows you just do it.” Angel said and Madame was shaking her head in agreement and walking away with Markele. “Ada this is a great career choice, you get paid so much money and all you have to do is look pretty. Please just take the job.” She begged.

“I’ll think about it.” I sighed, modeling really wasn’t my thing I’m not one of those girls who like to dress up and look pretty for the camera, and it just wasn’t me. “JOSH!” I screamed. He popped his head out from behind the girl’s curtain.

“Yes?” He said, a girl came out from the girl’s dressing room and she winked at him.

“Let’s go.” I thanked Angel and walked out, before I could go the person at the front told me to sound leasing papers. Then it said I needed a parent signature. “My parents died, and I’m emancipated? So…” I signed for guardian. The lady gave me sympathetic look and put the paper in another pile.

“Sorry for your lost.” She said. I left after that I walked to the car with Josh.