Chapter 12

Percy's POV

I got up out of bed and walked to my balcony. I sighed, as I looked at the city I thought I would never see again. I rub my arms up and down, tracing the scars and then I saw a shift in the darkness. I peered closely and gasped. Is that... NO IT CAN'T BE ! How did he get out of the pit? I ran into the lounge.

"JARVIS alert the others. Tell them that the war is about to begin, the first battle is at Central Park."

"Very well sir."

I heard cursing and thumps as everyone ran down to the lounge. My team were still in pajama's but all the Avengers save Tony who only needed to summon his suit were battle ready.

I gave everyone a grim look, "Before we charge into the battle, you need weapons that will actually hurt the monsters. Tony, Thor and Bruce you guys should be fine but I made some stygian iron tipped arrows, imperial gold bullets and I also made another shield that has the same design as the original but it has celestial bronze spikes that appear if you press the star." I quickly tossed them their new weapons.

"On another note I think I saw Tarturas so everyone has to be on high alert." I heard gasps from everyone including the Avengers who knew of my whole ordeal in the pit since we had to pitch in our stories but like my team other than Luke no one knew about the second trip.

Steve grimaces, "This is going to be a tough battle guys but we can pull through to kick this guy back to the hole he crawled out from." Tony scoffs, "How are we going to do that?" "Together." "And if we lose?" "Then we do that together too." (A/N AOU reference anyone?)

The Avengers start piling into the elevator when they turn to look at us and Bruce speaks up, "Um I don't know if you noticed but you're still in your pajamas." We smirk and touch our pendants and our pajamas change into our battle suits and masks so our faces are covered. They all blink and then Zoe decides to speak. "We'll see you at the battle hopefully we'll leave you some monsters to kill." At that we flash out to the battle and immediately start fighting.

I catch sight of the Minotaur and sigh, I mean you'd think the guy would get a clue after I killed him twice. It turned around and when it saw me, I swear he blew steam out of his ears and nose. He charged forward and I roll my eyes, when it got close I jumped over him and stabbed him in the back.

Gold dust fell everywhere and I sneezed and Luke who was running by yelled, "Bless you." "Thanks" I yelled back.

But something was wrong, I felt my nose dripping and reached up. I pulled my hand back and it was stained red. Blood. "BE CAREFUL!! DON'T BREATHE IN WHEN YOU KILL THEM THERE'S SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!" I let out a whimper as something stabbed my shoulder and started digging in. I whipped around and stabbed my sword into a very much human form. My eyes widened as I saw her face. I backed away and actually looked at the enemies. Not only were there monsters but people... demigods and not just any demigods. The children of love, heartbreak and war. Eros, Aphrodite and Ares.

And the person I just killed was Drew Tanka. Never thought that I'd see her practice fighting let alone actually fight a battle.

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Maybe they are here to help but as I look around I see them causing destruction not even glancing at the monsters and the monsters weren't glancing at them either. This is bigger than I thought. Something huge is at play here and I don't believe these Gods can take all the blame. I don't believe even Tarturas can take credit for this.

I bounce back into the battle making sure I only stun the demigods and kill the monsters and I hope that the Avengers and my team are doing the same. Then when I struck down the last monster, a black mist swirled and formed Tarturas.

"Ahhhhh it's so good to finally have a physical form after my cursed son and that stupid titan managed to take me down." He turned his malicious gaze to us, "And you stupid mortals will never be able to defeat me even if you join with the demigods." He scoffed, "As much as I hate to admit it that Jackson kid was there only hope to kill us." Tony laughs, " Well it's a good thing we have him isn't it?" Tarturas scowls, "Don't lie you useless mortal, my spies reported to me that the camp drove him out and he hasn't been seen in years." This I step up and lower my hood so he can see my face before whipping it back up. " They haven't seen me but that doesn't mean i'm gone." He looked stunned for a minute but recovered. "Sea scum I will enjoy killing you." He glanced to the side, "But not yet."

I looked back at my team and Silena clutched Beckendorf and started sobbing. I gave him a sad smile and we all joined in on the hug. "Wwwhat if they thought because I was a traitor that they should follow in my footsteps?" The Avengers backed away and let us have our privacy. "No Silena c'mon you know this isn't your fault. Piper talked some sense into them when she became cabin consular. Plus the camp and the gods all forgave you and all the others on Kronos' side." I murmur into her hair. Silena is like our mother without her we wouldn't wake up on time, dress appropriately or do anything right. So when she's upset we all are.

She nods slowly and wipes her eyes, "Ok" She lightly pushes us all away. "So are we going to send these demigods back to camp or what?" She asks. I shake my head, "We aren't going to send them back." Everyone looked at me confused. "We are going to deliver them back."