Chapter 7 ~ confrontation

Meadow and I played till she had to go home. I then realized I had to face him. "Bye meadow!" I said enthusiastically

After she left, I looked at my sister for some kind of reassurance. She smiled a reassuring smile that I saw right through. Her eyes said something different. Terror. "Jena! Rilee! Can you come here?!" He said from inside the house.

Every cell in my body said to flee. To run away from what was about to happen.

We walked in to the rundown entry. I saw him on the couch. Watching tv. I saw the meth under the couch. Freshly lit.

I was frozen. I couldn't move. Whenever he was on it, he wasn't my father. He was a stranger, I called jake.

"Rilee! Jena! Don't make me repeat myself!!" Jake said, spitting venom. My eyes flashed to my sister. She looked scared. Terrified.

Not wanting to upset him, I pulled my sister to the couch.

"Oh! It's about time you showed up..." He trailed off "...bitch." He finished by getting up and heading towards us. My sister pushed me behind her.

"Oh, trying to protect your little sister? How cute." Jake said with a crazy look in his eyes. He punched Rilee. She was out cold.

"It's just us now." He said, changing  into someone I don't know. Not jake. Not dad. But something else.