Blue Flames

You sat there, your guitar in hand, but nothing coming out. You didn't want to let him go. You noticed the door open, startling you.

"Trying to figure out what to do with Blue Flames eh?" Joe says, sitting down next to you.

"It sucks that Pete's a bass player. I love Blue Flames. He's been my inspiration, my spark."

"Well, it's not like just cause Pete's supposed to be bass you can't be bass too. I mean, what if he needs a breather, or vise versa. Or what if the bass part has to many..parts." He said, putting his hand on your knee.

"Well I suppose. But then wither way he'd be main bass. What would I do the rest of that period? Just sing and become every cliche female artist in a band full of nothing but boys?"

"Oh come on, like Blue Flames is all you can play."

"No, I can play any bass. Blue Flames is special."

"What I meant was, you can play other instruments can't you?"

You thought about it. You could play the piano, but that just didn't seem like it belonged in a rock band.

"Nope. That's really it."

"Well...ill talk to Pete about it. Okay?" He smiled.

You nodded.

"Alright." He got up and lightly slapped your knee, "see ya later booger head."

"As to you fart face." You replied with a smile as he left. Best. Big. Brother. Ever. Even if he wasn't really your brother.

He made himself one.