Pete?

"Hey Joe, do you know where Pete is? I've been looking for him all night" you asked Joe in a concerning voice through the phone. You and Pete had scheduled sessions for the last few days but you haven't heard word from him.

"No. Not a clue. You ask Patrick?"

"Yeah, he was the first I called."

"You mean you didn't call me first? Gasp, how dare" he said playfully.

"Shut up ya dumb. Well, thanks anyway. I'm gonna try-"

"Hold on Y/N. When was the last you heard from him?" Joe asked, cutting you off.

"Last Saturday, I think." You replied timidly, not sure if you were recalling correctly.

"Alright.." he mumbled through the phone.

"What?"

"He's doing it again."

"Doing what exactly?" You asked, confused of what Joe was implying. 

"Thinking."

"Is that not a good thing?"

"Not in the sense he's thinking. He's thinking about what he's doing now versus what he could be doing. He does this often. Ugh, god dammit."

There was silence for a minute. Everything seemed still. You heard Joe's cough before he spoke again.

"Pizza Place downtown." He said.

"What?"

"Go there." Joe blurred before hanging up. You took your phone away from your head, looking down at it.

"What the hey does he want me going there for?" You asked yourself as you walked out the door, beginning to head to the pizzeria. It was only a couple blocks away from your apartment so you decided to walk. 

Once you got there, you noticed a sad little man in a hoodie, stirring his coke slowly. You walked in and sat across from him.

"What are you doing here?" you asked him.

"How'd you know I was down here?" he questioned you, continuing his staring match with his drink.

"Joe."

"Oh. The source. Hey he didn't say anything about-"

"'He's doing it again. Can't believe he's doing thing again' is all he said to me. Then he told me to come down here." you told Pete. His head hung low with the bags under his eyes. "Mind telling me what you're 'doing again'?" 

"No."

"Peter."

"Thinking."

"I know that," you snapped at him, "thinking about what?"

"If I want to do this. If I'm even enjoying this. What I'm even doing." he said. You sighed.

"You want my advice?"

"Not really."

"Good. You're an idiot." You said. He jerked his up at you.

"What?" he snared.

"You are a freaking idiot. You want to do this. You love it. How do I know that? Cause you're happy. You see everything you've done? All the cool things you've got to experience so far? That's amazing. Only reason I could understand you don't like it is if you don't like thrill, adventure, or attention. And we know you do." You exclaimed. He turned his eye back to his drink. "Don't be an asshole, Peter. We meet tomorrow at 5 or you can call ALL of this dunzo in my book." You got up to leave.

Pete turned to you, "You wouldn't do that. You love this." You turned to him as you opened the door.

"So do you."