Captive: Parts 10-12

Part 10
*Stan's P.o.v
  He was shocked when he went to visit Amy that night and she had disappeared. He knew she couldn't have gotten that far, comparatively anyway. He waited for the dark to set in, then went to go find his human. Stan couldn't help but to worry she was lying unconscious in a ditch, or worse.
  He tip-toed through the dreary little city (Or town? It was hard to tell) for what seemed like hours. By chance, Stan happened to hear pained cries paired with maniacal laughter. Guilt clawed his heart to shreds to think that someone was being hurt when he could help so easily, being a giant and all to this world.
  Against his voice of reason, he searched out the source of the shouts and found himself in a tree infested field. There was something off in the area's sent. Like iron. Scratch that, it smelt faintly of blood. Stan's suspicion was confirmed when he saw a human man crouched over another human. She was a girl and it seemed she was in great pain, obviously caused by the armed man.
  Then it hit him. It was Amy. It was his Amy. He felt rage over take him at the sight of Amy being attacked and to add to it, she was obviously defenseless. Stan's hand went flying towards her attacker, back-handing him off Amy and sending him flying into a nearby oak tree.
  There was a loud "CRACK" as he hit the tree and fell limp beside it. His attention flipped to poor Amy's mangled body. A small pool of blood poured from her right arm where a blade was currently occupied with digging into her skin.
He scooped her up as gently as possible "Amy! What the bloody hell happened to you!?" As if it wasn't obvious.
  "What do you think, idiot!" She hissed through clenched teeth as she pulled out the knife letting out a cry as she did so.
  "Come now, there's no reason for insults. I just saved you. You would've died if it weren't for me. You should be thankful." He cooed a bit smugly.
  "Where the heck is my bag?…" She said choosing to ignore him, if that was even possible to ignore someone when you're sitting in the palm of their hand.
  Wanting to help, as always, he got down on his knees and rummaged through the trees. He found what he guessed to be her backpack, when he spotted an tiny black and grey object with two straps connected to it.
  "This what you're looking for?" Stan asked as he lowered his hand to the ground near the bag.
  "Yeah. Thanks, I guess."
He watched curiously as she rummaged through the bag with her good arm and fished out a tiny wrap of gauze and some bandages. After proceeding to wrap her wound she confirmed "It'll have to do for now, I'll clean it properly later."
  "Speaking of later, it's about time you come back with me." He stated, seizing the opportunity.
  "Wait, WHAT!? No,no,no,no, and did I mention-NO!!" She immediately protested, putting her hands in front of her in a defensive manner.
  "I'm sorry, but I don't think you have much of a choice in the matter. Besides, you're safer with me than on your own. You've just had a fine example of how well that turned out…Plus, you'll be rid of that awful man you have to call father!" Stanley smiled, trying to convince her. If he was going to make her stay with him, he wanted them to be on acceptable terms.
  "And I repeat, NO. Not that I wouldn't love to get away from him, but that be like running out of a bear's cave just to plummet off a cliff into shark infested waters. And safer!? Complete bull! You could have KILLED me last time you got mad. I don't intend to be in that situation again!" She half-reasoned, half-raged.
  "As I said, you don't really have a say in the matter. I. Win." He confirmed cooly. He went to pick her back up, but she bit his finger and bolted.
  "Ow!" He was startled to say in the least. There was a small bit of blood coming from the bite, though it didn't really hurt.      
"What the hell! Are you mental or something!?" he scolded, reaching out a hand to block her path.
  "Speak for yourself!" This time she did have a weapon. After she'd yanked it out of her shoulder, she'd stowed it away in her bag. As of now, the knife was in her hand waiting to claw into it's next victim. That victim just happened to be Stan's approaching hand.
*Amy's P.o.v
  "HA!! That ought to teach you to try an grab me!" She yelled up at him victoriously. Amy sprinted under and away from Stan's hand when he brought his hand back up to clutch it in pain. All she wanted was to be as far away as possible. Amy could feel him glare bore holes into her back. Great. Now she was on-the-run not only from not only her father, but now a -probably enraged- giant. Just f**kin' great.
  "Amy, you really shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you. Especially one that is twice your size…" Stan called after her, his glare turned into a sinister grin, reminding her of the cheshire cat's smile from Alice. 'No time to waste, more running-for-life to be done.' she thought.
  "And just where do you think you're going?" He laughed and reached out again. She slashed the knife out in his direction, but it seemed he had gotten smart after that last attack. Stan had pulled the long sleeve of his jacket down over his hand preventing her new knife from cutting through to the skin. She dropped her knife from shock when he picked her up by the back of her hoodie.
  "DAMN IT STANLEY, PUT ME DOWN!!" Amy fumed., crossing her arms and glaring at his smug expression like a child who had gotten caught misbehaving.
  "Now why would I do that after all the trouble I went through to catch you?" She was really wishing he'd stop with the smugness. It was really pissing Amy off to be treated like some dumb little kid. Amy lashed out in anger, trying to hit anything within reach. There were the fingers pinching the back of her hoodie, but she wasn't a fan of falling to death.
  He leaned closer, as if to challenge her. 'Challenge ACCEPTED!' she almost yelled out loud, and kicked the bridge of his nose.
  "Hey! No nose kicking. Or face kicking of any sort for that matter. Now are you done throwing a fit so we can go home?" He grumbled.
  "I'm not 'throwing a fit', I'm fighting for freedom, idiot! For the last time, PUT. ME. DOWN!" She was not going to let up. There was no way in hell she was going back. Well, not willingly anyway.
  "Yeah, good luck with that." He said, ignoring her protests and thrashing. Amy found herself lowered into one of the pockets of Stan's jacket, accompanied by one of his monstrous hands. Her anger, and embarrassment, levels sky rocketed when the hand started to try and cuddle her.
  'God this is worse than having to deal with Allen!'  She cringed.
  To her relief the hand left momentarily and she heard the clicks of that stupid watch looking thing that Stanley used to get to his dimension where everything was proportional to his size. She kicked at the hand when it returned and persisted in stroking her back.
  "Despite the fact petting feels nice and all, I hate it. It's degrading!" she yelled not realizing her mistake until the words had left her mouth. 'Did I really just admit I like being pet to this creep!? I'm such a moron!' Amy thought furiously, her face burning red in anger at herself and embarrassment. 'Thank god he can't see my face right now.' Thankfully, no comments were made by the giant, though a round of chuckles was issued.
  "Oh shut up, Mr.GigglePants." She snapped as she crossed her arms angrily.
  "Don't blame me for your slip up." He scolded giving Amy a poke.
  "Careful, moron! My ribs are sore from a giant-induced injury, if you remember." She hissed slapping at the digit.
  "Oh…I didn't-…Sorry..."
  The rest of the walk 'home' was made in silence, save for the birds chirping and other such sounds.

Part 11
-about 15 min of walking later…-
*Stan's P.o.v
  Upon arriving home, he found Allen asleep on the couch. He guessed Allen had fallen asleep while waiting for him to get back. Normally Stan would have been ticked that he'd had snuck in again while he was gone, but he was in a good enough mood to just let him sleep.
  Stanley nudged Allen's feet off the couch and sat down letting Amy out of his pocket.
  "FINALLY!" Amy practically crawled into his palm from inside the jacket and vaulted off the side.
  "Hey, careful. Don't need you getting any more broken bones." He said catching her around the waist mid-vault.
  "Put me down! I can take care of myself. Stop treating me like a child just because you're bigger than me!" Amy wriggled and kicked around in his grip.
  "Aww, you mad?" He laughed with a smug grin plastered across his face.
  "Yes, I am in fact! Now…Put.Me.DOWN."Amy clenched her fists and shot a deadly glare.
  "You're no fun…" He obeyed, not wanted to anger the tiny girl any more.
  "Good. I refuse to be a plaything, pet, or anything of the sort!" She turned away, unstably making her way away from him, hands still in white-kunckeled fists.
  "Wait, what!? No! I don't want you for that!! Not at all!"
  "Then what do you want me for!?"
  "I-I…I don't…know…" He did know. Very well actually. But there was not a chance in hell he would admit it.
  "UGH. I'm so sick of this! The manhandling, the teasing, feeling so insanely weak and tiny! You'd don't have any idea what it's like. You're a giant freak. Not even your own kind accepts you." She snarled glaring up at him.  
  "I AM NOT A FREAK!" Stan roared slamming his fists down on either side of Amy.
  Amy fell on her backside, slapping her hands down over her ears as tightly as humanly possible. Stan was furious, again. Great. That couldn't be good for her-if she was wanting to continue living, that is.

*Allen's P.O.V
  Allen woke with a start. The first thing he noticed was Stan and Amy were back. And Stan's enraged expression directed at his tiny lady-friend.
  "Ok, Stan, just calm down…It's alright, what ever Amy did, I'm sure she didn't mean it." He picked up Amy  and held her close before Stanley could get to her, noticing with adoration how she clung to him. Stan wasn't in the mood to heed his words and growled like a lion. A furious lanky lion wearing glasses.
  Allen made a mad dash for the guest -his- bedroom, slamming the door shut and bolting the lock as quickly as possible.
  "ALLEN GET BACK OUT HERE. NOW." Stanley demanded pounding his fists on the door.
  "Hmm…Let me think about it….Uh-NO. You think I'm stupid or something?"
  "Stupid enough to take what's mine."
  Amy shot up from her huddle "I'M NOT YOURS!! I'M NOT ANYONE'S!" She exploded.
  A defeated sigh came from behind the door "I…I'm sorry. I know. I know you're not mine. It kills me sometimes."
  Her eyes went wide with shock. "Wh-What!?"

Part 12
*Stan's P.O.V
  He couldn't believe he was admitting to this. It's not like these things hadn't happened before, but feeling this way about anyone, a human much less, was hard for him. But he couldn't help himself. He was a lonely lanky dork of a giant, and suddenly some pretty girl is thrown into that mix. It was inevitable.
  "I..Ilikeyou! Ok!?…A lot…"
  "I don't get you at all. You were a furious lunatic just a few seconds ago, and now you're confessing love!?" Her voice came muffled through the door, but he could still her the anger and disbelief in her voice.
  "Yeah…I-I guess I am…Um…Can I come in??"
  "No. I need to think. Allen get out. Please."
  As requested, Allen left Amy alone in the room so she could think.
*Amy's P.O.V
  'Oh god…What have I gotten myself into now?' Amy was not taking this well. Not very well at all. She sat on the edge of the huge bed thinking over what just happened. 'What am I supposed to tell him!? "Oh, sorry but you scare the hell out of me! Basically, you're a jerk. Kill me quickly." ' She thought in a mock-happy tone.
  'Yeah, because that'll make him real cheery..' Amy face-palmed.
  "What the hell am I going to do!?" She sobbed aloud burying her face in her hands. 'The idiot's probably right outside the door, there's no simply disappearing from this nightmare. Not now anyway.' She had a solution 'Maybe…I'll go along with it. Just until I can leave without anyone knowing where I've gone.'
  Amy made her way to the end of the bed and slid down the blanket. She'd been here long enough to know how to get around, and easily slipped under the door off to find Stan. Wondering around eventually it was realized that Stanley wasn't in. Allen was still hanging around though…
 "Umm…Hey! Allen!" She got his attention with little trouble "I was wondering…W-Where's Stan??"
 "Oh, hey Amy! I dunno, think he stormed off to go read or something." His bright blue eyes flashed "You seem pretty stressed about this all…I think I know what'll cheer you up!" He said in a sing-song voice, stooping low to pick her up from the floor.
  "Allen, no, stop, what are you doing!?" Amy flailed wildly in the preppy adolescent's grip.
  "I bet you didn't know this, but Stan's got some great human stuff around here somewhere…" Allen said proudly as if it was a snippet of gossip as he rummaged in the kitchen cabinets and refrigerator. "I think it's called 'alcohol' or something."
  "Are you kidding me!? I have absolutely no intention of getting drunk! Especially with the likes of you." She sneered.
  "Hey, no one said you're gonna get 'drunk', Amy. Come on, just a few swigs. It'll make you feel better…"
  She sighed. "Fine. A few. But that's it, got it?"

*Stan's P.O.V
  It had been a while since he'd left. Reading always helped him think and calm down. He felt like a complete jerk for pulling that on Amy, it was probably the last thing she wanted to have to worry about. Still, he was anxious. Nervous, but anxious. Stanley hadn't planned on telling her at all actually, it just sort of surfaced. He knew Amy hated him, she had every right to. But that didn't dull the sting when she looked at him. He could see it in her eyes, the distrust, hatred, sadness.
  He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose frustratedly. There was no way she'd want his company, much less his affection. He'd have to earn the privilege, he supposed. Stanley left his room and trudged down the hall into the main room.
  He wasn't surprised to see Allen sitting on the couch, but it shocked him a little that Amy had already come out of the bedroom. His eyes trailed to the coffee table where there sat a bottle of liquor, something giants had found in the human world. It was obvious Allen had already had a few shots of the stuff, but Amy on the other hand sat by her own half empty shot glass, obviously quite drunk and in a world of her own.
  "Allen…I am going to drive you home…Then murder you…" Stan glowered at his buzzed friend.
  "Mmmkay…" He chirped "H-Here. My keys, good sir." Allen threw them at him drunkenly and laughed.
  Stanley pocketed them roughly and crouched beside Amy's seat on the couch "Come on Amy. I'm not leaving you by yourself like this." He said and prompted her to come to his hand. She giggled and crawled over on all fours, flailing when she tripped. He caught her and gently lowered her into his shirt pocket and dragged Allen out the door and into his van. The ride wasn't long, only about ten minutes. Allen was muttering continuous thanks the whole way, Stan just wanted to beat the drunk out of him so he would shut up. He walked home after helping Allen into bed, happy to finally be rid of him. They were friends, but that didn't mean he wanted Allen around 24/7.
  He sat onto his bed heavily, tired and stressed. Still, he had to take care of Amy's arm. She'd already done a reasonable job of patching it up, but hadn't had the chance to properly clean it yet. He walked into his bathroom, lifted Amy from his pocket and set her on the counter gently. She started jumping with a goofy smile and her arms in the air, like a child's unspoken message of 'up!'.
  "No, Amy, I have to clean you up. You got that nasty stab wound, remember?" He pointed to her bandaged arm.
  She stopped jumping and her expression fell when she looked at it. Stanley sighed and started rummaging about for his medical supply kit. He looked down startled when she cried out, bloody gauze beside her on the counter and index finger coated in blood.
  "What did you do, stick your finger inside!?" Stan spazed.
  "Y-Yes…" She looked up at him like he'd just smacked her.
  "Well don't do that! You'll hurt yourself again…" His tone softened. "Now please be good while I find the med-kit, okay?"
  She nodded, a smile on her face again. He didn't think he'd ever seen her smile so much, even if she was intoxicated it was starting to freak him out a little. Stanley finally found his medical kit, shocked that she'd actually listened to him.
  "Alright, Amy come here. Please." He beckoned with one hand, the other holding a cotton ball under the sink faucet.
  "Yeah, okay." She trotted over with no fight.
  "Stay still, this might sting a little…" He added a bit of medicine to the cotton ball.
  She visually tensed, bracing herself, he guessed. Stanley cupped one hand around Amy to steady her before he started to dab at her shoulder. He felt guilty when he saw tears brimming in her eyes as she grit her teeth and leaned into his hand.
  "Okay, done with that. Now I need to patch it up again…"
  "Will it hurt too?" Amy looked genuinely worried.
  "Since when does gauze hurt?" He laughed and started to cut some small strips of his gauze tape off for Amy's arm.
  "So that's a no?" She asked innocently.
  "It won't hurt. I promise." Stanley leaned closer to her so he could see what he was doing.

*Amy's P.o.v
  Amy's mind felt hazy as she watched Stan's gargantuan fingers clumsily wrapped gauze strips around her upper arm and shoulder. She ran her hand along the bandages, he carefully nudged her hand out of the way with a finger. When he was done he looked to her.
  "I'm not sure if I can tie it off, do you think you can?" He asked.
  "Of corse! I'm not a idiot, you idiot." She snapped sassily.
  Grabbing the two ends harshly, she tied it in a crude double-knot. Stan looked unimpressed, picked her up around the waist in a loose fist and stomped into his room. He practically crashed onto his bed, scaring the living daylights out of Amy.
  "Stan?…I'm hungry…" She just realized she hadn't been able to eat anything all day, not counting the bit of liquor she had in her system. It was already starting to wear off anyway, one not completely useless traits she got from her father- strong resistance to alcohol.
   He just grunted and stalked tiredly into the kitchen.
  "What do you want to eat?" He asked dully.
  "Umm, I don't care, anything I guess." Amy didn't want to be a trouble, he seemed stressed enough lately.
  Stan grabbed a granola bar from a shelf and broke some off for her. "This okay?"
  "Yeah, thanks." Amy took the piece from his open hand gratefully.
  He dumped her in the living room and trudged back to his room, leaving her on her own. She groaned inwardly and decided to eat her food all the same. After she'd sedated her hunger, she started her trek down the long hallway to Stanley's room, thankful he hadn't closed the door.
  He was sprawled dramatically on top of his bed facedown, lanky limbs everywhere. Fortunately, one of his arms was hanging off the bed, hand touching the floor. Amy walked over and put her hand to his wrist. It flinched, and hesitantly turned palm up to her. She climbed on, putting a hand to his forearm for support, and his fingers curled slightly as she was lifted.
  'Like a living elevator', she smirked at the thought.
  He lowered his hand beside his face and turned on his side as she stepped off.
  "Did you want something?" Stanley's expression was dead, something that seemed to be becoming normal for him.
  "N-No…I just…Are you okay?" She really was worried, as much of a admittedly terrifying jerk he could be, she did care about his well being.
  "Absolutely peachy." He snarled venomously.
  "You don't have to be mean about it… I just want to help." Amy grumbled, looking down at the sheets.
  "I'm sorry Amy… And I wonder why you hate me." He laughed bitterly.
  "I don't hate you. I do hate it when you're a jerk though. You have no idea how scary you can be." She said simply.
  "I'm…scary? You think I'm frightening?" Stan genuinely seemed surprised.
  "Sometimes…" She didn't want to upset him any more than he already was.
  "Would…Would you lie with me?…" He asked uncertainly.
  "Um, sure…" She wasn't about to be the one to send him over the edge.
  Stan's dull frown morphed into a smile as she slowly scooted closer to him and laid her back against his throat. He curled up around Amy, ducking his chin and cupping a hand around her. It was oddly comforting, being so close to him. She could hear and feel his heartbeat, drumming along to his deep breaths.
  She wriggled out of his loose grip and stumbled over the bedding to his face. Stan's look went from puzzled to blushing bewilderment as she kissed his cheek and embarrassedly scurried back to her resting spot. His hand covered her body again, carefully slow and hesitant.
  "G-Goodnight, Amy." Stanley stammered.
  "Night…" She curled into herself and his hand wrapped around her more protectively.
  Amy fell into sleep with fiery-red cheeks and worrying about what would happen in the following morning.