Just a Jump Scare

~Taylor's POV~

My body jerked up from my bed. My breathing was heavy and my legs felt weak.

Lately I have been getting some bad nightmares.

I sit at the foot of the bed with my head in my hands. I glance at the clock that now reads 6:00PM. I catch my breath and push myself off the bed. I walk down the stairs to see my mom sitting at the couch scrolling through the tv channels.

"Hi sweety do you want to sit down and watch tv with me?"

"Sure" I say as I sit down next to her.

I feel calm now. I sit on the couch for about a half an hour until I get a phone call from Ella.

"Hey did you spend the night with Matthew?" She asked. I slowly stand up and walk upstairs waving to me mom letting her know I'll be back soon.

I close my bedroom door and jump on my bed.

"Yes I did"

"Everyone's saying you guys hooked up. Are you gonna say anything."

"People can think what they want to think. I know it's not true and I'm sure others at the party know."

"Okay. And also can you drive me to school tomorrow. My car is kinda in the shop..."

"Why is your car in the shop?" I ask.

"You know how old that car is. I keep telling mom it would cost less to just buy a new one but she doesn't want to get rid of it."

"Yeah I can drive you. Be over at my house by 7:30."

"It'll be so cold outside though."

"Ella you live two houses down from me. You'll survive. "

"Okay well thank you. I have to go and study now so I'll talk tomorrow. "

"Okay bye."

"Bye."

I toss my phone onto the bed and walk back downstairs.

"Hey honey can I ask you something?"

"Yeah what is it mom?"

"How would you feel about taking a trip with Ella's family and I?"

"Are you kidding? I'd love to!"

"Well guess where we're going for thanksgiving?"

"OMG WHERE?"

"The Bahamas"

"OMG OMG OMG! MOM! IM SO EXCITED!"

"I'm glad you're excited. Don't tell Ella or that Matthew kid that we're going just yet. I don't know if their parents have told them so wait on it."

When I heard the word Matthew my stomach dropped. Not because of liking him, but because he could possibly open his mouth, and I don't want this trip to be shut down faster then a switch.

I carried on my excitement when dad got home. I talked for a while until it started to get late

"Okay I better go upstairs and go to bed."

"Sweetie it's only 10:00." My mom says.

"I know I just had a late night out with Ella and think I should get some sleep."

"Okay goodnight" They said in unison.

I jogged up the stairs taking them two at a time. I reached the hallway and walked to my door. My phone was lit up when I walked in.

I jumped on my bed and grabbed my phone. There was a message from a number of never seen before and several texts from Ella.

I first got down to the unknown number

Unknown number:
Hey Taylor!

Me:
Who is this??

They responded in seconds.

Unknown caller:
It's Matthew... Sorry probably should've said that first.

Me:
It's fine.

Matthew💜:
Did you parents tell you about the thing?

Me:
The trip?

Matthew💜:
Yeah

Me:
They sure did.

Matthew💜:
Okay cool.

I didn't respond back, instead I sat at the edge of my bed thinking about how he got my number, and why he texted me.

I payed on my bed and stared at the ceiling.

I was gonna go on a trip with my fifth grade crush...

XxxxxxxxX
Hey guys, so I know that this is really short and kinda trash but I'll post something longer tomorrow, or possibly Saturday.

Thanks a ton for commenting and voting on this book

Also what do you think of the book cover? Should I change it or leave it??

Message me for anything!💜💜💜
XxxxxxxxX