one

Harry thinks it's partly his fault for letting this happen. He just has a soft spot for Niall (to be honest he would do anything for Niall and he can't help it). So when Niall asked him, for the first time, if he can borrow him a small amount of money for the rent, Harry didn't think much of it, just pulled the money out of his wallet and gave it to Niall. And Niall gave him a kiss on the cheek with a promise of paying it back.

But now, it's a problem. They can barely afford to live in their apartment anymore and Harry had to take extra shifts at the bakery considering he is the one paying for most of their rent. It's exhausting but at least he can bring the leftover pastries back home.

He is annoyed because Niall knows they are struggling and yet he doesn't do anything about it. Niall doesn't work, absolutely despises it and that's why Harry has put on with him for months.

He takes a lot of pride and refuses to ask his mum for money. That just won't happen. He doesn't want his mum to know about his financial status and he certainly doesn't want to go back home or to dorms. The dorms are horrible and sharing bathroom with five other people is just a no.

Niall hated the dorms too so it just seemed like a perfect situation. They have known each other since high school, ever since Niall moved to Cheshire with his mum after her divorce, and they instantly became best friends. They are used to each other (Harry can read Niall better than anyone). They both listen to the same music and watch the same TV shows so there is no fighting on that matter. They know little things of each other that nobody else does.

The best part was definitely searching for apartments. They got strange looks from Louis and Liam while they were scrolling on Niall's phone and looking at the cheapest apartments they could afford and pointing out things they didn't like about it.

"Since when you two are dating?" Louis asked during the lunch, earning a smack on arm from Liam, telling him not to ask them that. Harry blushed deeply, always did when people mistaken them for a couple, while Niall shook his head and told Louis, "Nah, Harry is my best mate."

It always broke his heart a bit because Niall would never see him more than the 'best mate'. He has a chance, though, because Niall came out as gay a few years ago and that kinda gave him hope.

He has always found Niall pretty, even with crooked teeth, bad dyed blond hair and jeans way too baggy for his skinny legs. It was something about Niall that made a 15 year old Harry feel funny. Niall who was like an actual sunshine, smiling brightly and laughing at his horrible jokes. Niall who gave him the longest and somehow the warmest hugs when he was sad. Niall who ran his fingers through his curly hair and occasionally kissed his cheek and made him feel all giggly inside. Niall just made him feel good and he didn't know why.

Niall was always there for him; when his first girlfriend dumped him, when he began to question his sexuality, when his mum was getting remarried. Niall was there, by his side, and he would be a pretty shitty friend if he told him that he has to move out and he will find another roommate.

Harry sits down on the couch next to Niall. He tells himself he can do this because it really is a time. "Niall, can you find a way to get money?" he starts and then quickly adds, "I don't know if I will have enough money to cover your half this month." He was hinting to Niall to get a job for a while, since he noticed he was tight on money, but Niall never seemed to get a hint.

Niall looks up from his phone and he seems fine and Harry isn't so sure why was he so afraid of telling this to Niall.

"I'm playing at the pub this Saturday." Niall simply says and he looks unbothered by Harry's words.

"That's good but I was thinking something more permanently. Like a job. Maybe." Harry certainly doesn't want to sound rude or pressure Niall into something he doesn't want to do but he is desperate because they can't continue to live in this apartment when they are short on money.

"Oh, okay. I'll find something." And with that Niall gets up from the couch, disappearing in his room and Harry just watches him leave with a hope that he is going to look for a job.

__

um hi so updates will start

this is kinda background story and yeah