5.

Cora's pov

The next day I woke up feeling much better. In fact, didn't feel sick at all anymore. But I was considering faking it so I didn't have to go to school and face Michael.

It was absolutely embarrassing to be turned down.

Although I'm still not quite sure what happened.

Unwillingly I dragged myself out of bed and took a shower.

After the shower I blow dried my hair and straightened it. There wasn't much hair to do anything with so usually I just left it straight.

Today I decided to wear something a little different and see how it affected Michael.

And Luke too.

(a/n: outfit in picture)

It wasn't the usual black jeans but I still stayed true to myself with a black shirt and black shoes and black nail polish. I mean, I wasn't gonna go crazy with a bunch of colors here.

Once I was finished getting ready I headed downstairs and was greeted by my mom.

"Hi sweetie! Wow, you look amazing! Is that lipstick?" She questioned but then swatted away her own question, "oh it doesn't matter it looks great. Did you want a ride to school today?"

I shook my head, "That's okay Mom but thanks anyways. Melody should be here to walk with me anytime soon."

She smiled and nodded before closing the door and heading to work.

Within five Minutes Mel was at my door.

She opened it without knocking so I was a little startled but what else was I expecting? I didn't know.

"Okay girl let's go we've gotta talk." With that she grabbed my arm and we headed off but not before I locked door because, safety.

We were walking down my driveway when she already started to question me.

"You haven't texted or called or talked to me since two days ago. What happened after school two days ago? And why weren't you at school yesterday?" She asked.

I laughed a little, "Oh yeah...well you see Michael sort of, kind of, like kissed me and-"

She cut me off, "What!? Does he not know that you're with Luke?! They're best friends!"

I looked down at my hands, "Well you see I was like sort of, kind of, okay with it."

She sighed, "Dude!"

I groaned, "I know I know but that's not the worst part."

We walked a little in silence as she was waiting for me to go on.

"Yesterday..." I began, "I was out sick so that's why I wasn't at school. But during your lunch hour Luke texted me saying he'd come over after school-"

She gasped sarcastically before laughing at her own joke.

"Anyway..." I glared at her, "He didn't come and instead after school Michael showed up-"

"HE DID-NT!" She screamed.

"Oh my Gosh please STOP." I yelled laughing along with her.

"But long story short I asked Michael to come in then I like kind of kissed him."

She had stopped laughing and sighed again.