Chapter 23

Rivers P.O.V

Right, when Emma came through the door, I had a feeling there was something behind that smirk plastered on her face but it would be rude to kick her out.

"You may come in. "I smiled forcefully just to be nice.

I lead her past the main entrance and behind the first door on the right was the living room filled with luxurious furniture.

"I'm here to tell you something about Ms.-"

"You can call her Diana in my presence I mean it's not like she's here. "I snapped as she cleared her throat and then finally spoke.

"Diana.....um ......doe.... s not know I am here."

" You secret is buried down under "I assured." You may proceed. "I crossed my legs and gave her my undivided attention even though I did not trust her.

"Diana is pregnant by Ethan. "She whispered with her chestnut brown eyes roaming, she played with a strand of her brown hair before standing up to leave without another word.

All of a sudden, I felt my breath shorten. I was astonished. This could not be happening it just was not physically possible.

Who's the bad guy in this situation? Is it me? It's got to be me.

"This is not possible. It cannot be possible. "I was yelling at the top of my lungs. I could not take it anymore. It was too much to take It felt like something was blocking me from breathing but before I could break down completely, I heard a knock on the door.

I quickly ran to the bathroom, to wash my face and finally went to go open the door.

There Ethan was standing there. I was a little enlighten when I saw him but frightened because I did not know my next move.

He walks in and then gazes at my face for a second.

"Are you ok? "He asked with concern thick in his tone as he steps forward to stroke my cheek.

"Yeah. I'm good, great even. "I lied not knowing what else to say.

"You know you can tell me anything right." I simply just nodded, for some reason, I could not look him in the eye.

I took a deep breath before asking, "Ethan is Diana pregnant?"

He turned to observe me before saying, "Yes but it happened before trust me. "He took a minute to stroke my cheek. "It doesn't change the way I feel about you. It's you who I want to be with."

"Come on let's go I have a surprise for you. "He smiled which made me smile midway.

"Where to? "I asked jokingly pretending not to know what his answer was going to be.

"You do this every time and I tell you this every time."

"I know, I know what the point of a surprise when I tell you what it is ahead of time. "I mockingly joke as a genuine smile formed on his face. "Ethan, I love you."

"I love you too now come on let's go, "he grabbed my bag and practically pushed me through the door.

"But I look like a hot mess."

"Yeah, but you're my hot mess, "he chuckled as he brushed his lips against my left cheek.

"You're a corny kernel."

"I know but I am your corny kernel. "He replied and I busted into laughter as we climbed into his car.

*

*

*

Before we knew it, we were in front of large house surrounded by palm trees. The driveway was large and the garage doors were made out of wood.

We parked in the driveway and quickly climbed out of the car.

We entered a hall with beautiful granite tiles leading to the marvelous kitchen than past the living room filled with vibrant colors and then we went up the Pinewood stairs leading to another long hallway. We stopped at a door which soon revealed a blue and green themed nursery. The sight of this warmed my heart. It was beautiful and detailed at heart.

Before I knew Ethan was down on one knee gazing at me with passion in his beautiful eyes.

"River I bought this house for us to start a new life together with its away from the problems, somewhere we can raise our son and future children together. Somewhere we can go grow old together and see our kids grow. It's a way for me to see you every morning and tell you-you are beautiful without a doubt. "He smiled warmly while looking me in the eyes as he pulled out small dark black box revealing a diamond ring. "River Campbell will you marry me."

It brought an idiotic smile on my face and made butterflies work their way up my stomach.

If he made me feel this way why should I sacrifice my happiness for others?

"Yes. "I gushed. "Yes and a million times yes." I shouted as he slid the ring on my left ring finger and then took me into his embrace.

"I love you." He said while burying his head in my neck.

"I love you too."