Famous Last Words

<pre style="line-height: 17px; white-space: normal; color: #2a2a2a; font-size: 13px;">I picked at the grass beside me and stared up at the clear blue sky. It was the last day of school holidays and I was enjoying my freedom while I can. I sighed and sat up. It was a nice day today, but I was still wearing skinny jeans. I picked at a loose thread on one of the holes where my knee was. You see, I wasn't like other girls, I didn't go to parties, get drunk, go shopping all the time, date tons of boys, heck, I didn't even have many friends! Two to be exact. But they were brother and sister, and they moved away to New Zealand just at the start of the school holidays. I guess you could say I was kind of a loner. 

My phone vibrated, interrupting me from my thoughts. I reached into my pocket to pull it out, checking who decided I was important enough to send me a text. It was my phone company. I quickly checked the text and shoved my phone back into my pocket. I lay back down and brushed my bright, red hair out of my face. Yes, I had recently dyed my hair red, with the help of my cousin, Ben. He was like me; listened to rock music and didn't have many friends. He was sooo stoked about dying my hair, he was almost as excited as I was! It turned out very well, if I do say so myself. Very bright and...vibrant. I got up from my comfortable spot in the local park and made my way home. I dropped by the small convenient store and bought myself an iced coffee. When I got home, I found a note taped on the wall beside the front door. It was from my dad. 

Note:

Hey sweetie, 

I'm sorry I didn't tell you about this earlier, but I completely forgot! I've gone for the weekend to visit my mate Brent down by the sea, and I'm staying for a couple of nights. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for your first day back at school. Good luck!

Love, Dad x

I chuckled at his note. My dad always forgot things, especially important things. I didn't mind really, in fact, I liked being home alone. I was quite an independent person. I put my empty iced coffee bottle in the bin and went upstairs. I went straight to my room and grabbed my drum sticks, it was time for practise! I had been playing drums for a couple of years now, it was great when I needed to distract myself from something. 

After a couple of hours of practise, I went back upstairs and got some lasagne out of the freezer. As the lasagne defrosted, I watched the latest episode of Misfits. I lived that show! It was so funny, and I loved their British accents. I ate my food and went back upstairs to my room. I was really missing my friends, I wonder how I was going to survive a whole school year without their company. Apart from playing drums, drawing was one of my favourite things to do. But today no ideas came to me whatsoever, so I decided to have an early night as I had school in the morning anyway. I changed into my pajama shorts and a plain blue t-shirt. I quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face, figuring I would have a shower in the morning. It wasn't long before I was in a deep sleep dreaming about going to a music concert nearby. 

Hey there,

So I started a new story, sorry it's really short but I was testing out my ideas. The next chapter will be alot more action packed as MCR come in to it. 

Love ya!

~Steph xo c:</pre>