First Day

Tris' POV
Today I am starting my first day of junior year at a new school called Dauntless High. Me, my brother, mom, and dad moved to Chicago from San Diego, California.
I was sad to leave my friends and my brother was sad to leave his girlfriend, but I got over it. I'll probably make new friends at this school.
These are my thoughts as my mom drops Caleb and I off.
"Bye my sweeties! Have a great first day!"
"Love you!" I call as I shut the door.
My brother is the same age as me. Yah, were twins, but we don't look that much alike.

When we walk into the big school we are greeted by the principle.
"Hello and welcome to Dauntless High, home of the braves. Brave crows that is. Crows are our mascot." The principal says shaking our hands. He sure is a chatty cat.
It sounds like he's trying to sell the school to us even though we are already going here.
" Crow is a odd choice for a mascot." Caleb says.
"Yes, well it wasn't my first choice either." He looks sort of offended at this. "Anyway, two students are going to be showing you two around. Tris, yours is a senior named Tobias, but he likes to be called Four."
"Four?" I ask. "That's an odd name."
"Its a nickname. Caleb yours is a junior named Christina."
"Why don't I get someone in my grade to show me around?" I ask.
"You can't imagine how many new students there are so we just decided to pick randomly."
"Aahh." I say.
Suddenly the bell rings and the halls are filled with students.
"Oh I almost forgot. Here are your schedules." He hands us both a piece of paper. "Just wait right here and the people who are showing you around will meet you here."
So, Caleb and I wait in the midst of a bunch of people trying to get to class.
Suddenly I see a tall figure with a stern expression and broad shoulders heading my way. That must be Tobias, I think to myself.
Soon his right in front of me. A little taller than me, which is not surprising since I'm short.
"Tobias Eaton," he says shaking my hand. "Ill be showing you around today and tomorrow if you need. Its a big place." By now the halls new cleared and the bell rang.
"Alright." I say. "But aren't we late for class now?"
Caleb and Christina had already gone.
"All new kids get a tardy pass their first day and the people who show them around. The first day is always crazy anyway. So what's your first our class?"
I look at my peice if paper.
"Homec."
"Okay follow me."
Finally we reach the homec room.
"When the bell rings wait here and I'll walk you to your next class."
I don't like the way he's bossing me around at all and don't want him walking me around anymore.
"That's okay I think I can take it from here." He gives me a skeptical look.
"No you don't."
"Umm yah, I think I do."
"Listen tris, trust me you have been down 4 hallways in a 150 Hallway school. I don't th-"
"I think that I do have it Mr. Bossy pants, so you can just to about your business and stay out of mine."
Four throws his hands in the air.
"Someone is a little stubborn." And he walks away.
Breath a sigh if relief. That guy was getting on my last nerve.

During homec I meet Christina. She seems really nice.
I walk out of Homec and Christina asks me if I need help.finding my next class.
"No that's alright." I say and she heads down the hallway to find Caleb, I'm guessing.
My next class is Trigonometry
After 10 minutes of looking I still havnt found it. I am about to round a corner when someone bumps into me. I fall down and drop my books.
I firm hand grabs mine and helps me up, but I bend right back down to pick up my Trigonometry book and pencils.
"I am so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going." I stand up and see that its four.
"That's okay." He says with a smirk. "I was just looking for a lost girl that wouldn't take my help earlier."
I sigh comically. "Well, here I am. You were right I can not find my way around this school."
He pats me in the shoulder. "That's alright just follow me. You are way off on where Trig is." While were walking I can't help, but notice that he looks pretty handsome.
"So how long have you been going to this school?" I ask
"My whole life."
"No wonder you know these halls so well."
He looks over at me. "Don't worry you'll get the hang if it soon."
"How are people not tardy all the time in a school this big?"
"Well you have to be fast and there is 6 minutes in between classes."
"That's reasuring."
"Yep. So why'd you move to.Chicago?"
"My dad had a job offer here so he took it."
"Where'd you move from?"
"San Deigo."
"Sounds like a cool place."
"It is."
We didn't talk for a moment and then I blurted out:
"Do you have a girlfriend?" The question just pops out and I instantly blush. I barely know this guy. Why would I ask him something like that?
He doenst look startled or weirded out by this question at all though. (Thank goodness)
"Nope. Don't have a girlfriend. Do you?"
For some reason I'm realeaved that he doesn't have a girlfriend.
"Uh no."
"I ment boyfriend."
"Oh well no I don't."
Soon we approach a door.
"This is it. Trig. Not like you have much time left, but you better go in so the teacher doesn't count you tardy."
"Ok see you in a minute."
"See you." He says and walks away.

By the end of the day I was exhausted by all the walking.

"You know you don't need to walk me to the exit. I can see it right there." I say pointing to the door.
"I'm not walking you. I have to leave to."
"Do you have a car?"
"No."
"So you ride the bus? I do to except for today my mom took me."
"No I don't ride the bus either."
"So what do you do walk?"
"I have a motorcycle." He says pulling his helmet out of his gym bag. (He plays varsity basketball)
"Oohhh!" I say laughing.
I see my moms car as we go through the doors.
"Ill see you tomorrow four."I say and run towards my moms car.
When I get in the car Caleb is already in the front seat. I flip him the bird through the window as I start opening the back door.
I plop in, exhausted.
"Tris do not flip your brother the bird or anyone for that matter."
"Sorry." I mumble. "Today was so tiring. I would not believe how big that school is. Its like a maze to get from class to class."
"I thought it was pretty easy." Caleb says.
"I bet it was." I say. Caleb acts like he is so much smarter than me just because I had two Bs on my report card last year and he had straight As.
"Dis anybody show you two around?" My mom asks us.
"Yah I had a senior named Tobias and Caleb had a junior named Christina."
"That's nice."
"Me and Christina hit it off in my homec class. Did you hit it off with Christina?" I ask Caleb.
"I guess." He mumbles.
"You like her don't you?" I say.
"What? No I don't!"
"Yes you do."
"Even if I did it wouldnt matter. She has a boyfriend named Will."
"Oooo what a scandal." I laugh.
"What about you and Tobias?" My mother asks.
"Well, I didn't like him at first but then I relized I kind of needed him to show me around."
"So your friend then?"
"Aquantinces." I correct.

Finally we pull into the driveway.

I hope you all like this first Chapter of Dauntless High!
Please comment, vote, follow, & add my story to your reading lists!
Have a spectacular day! <3
XOXOZOXOXOXOXOX