chapter 22

[December 2, 1917]

"Oh. My. Gosh. It's the infamous (Y/N) (L/N)!!" A girl, about two years younger than you exclaims.

You're at a restaurant, picking up dinner for the three of you. You're wearing a hood that covered your face, the one you almost always wore around before you met Ed and Al. You turn around to face the girl and wave. "Hi."

She made you feel like you've seen her before, but it was probably just because she looked like you, with (H/C) hair, (S/C) skin, and pretty (E/C) eyes.

The girl puts her hands in her face and she screams loudly, like a fangirl. You roll your eyes.

"I can't see your face, but I bet you're pretty!" The girl exclaims.

Taking the pick-up food, you turn away, towards the door, waving again.

You walk out the door and sigh, turning to your hotel across the street. The wind blasts your face, blowing your cloak all over. It's dark outside, but the moon is bright, lighting the ground. Looking both ways before you cross, you make your way across the street, walking against the wind.

"Oh my gosh, do you live in that hotel too!?"

You sigh and push forward.

"I'll take that as a yes!!!" She squeals. "I'm so excited! Do you know why? Because I do too! I live on the suites on the 19th floor!"

You stop. That's where your hotel room was. A suite on the highest floor. You frown in your hood.

You turn around, pushing your hood off your face. The wind blows your (H/L), (H/C) hair about your face. "Look, I'm a bit busy right now. Maybe we can talk tomorrow?" You whisper.

The girl takes one look at your face and freezes. Something flashes in her eyes and she gasps. You give her an odd look.

"Is... Everything okay?" The fact that you could only whisper annoyed and embarrassed you.

The girl shakes herself out of her daze and takes in a deep breath. "Yeah... I'm okay."

"Good." You nod and twist back towards the door of your hotel and step in, relieved that the wind was out of your way. You shuffle towards the elevator, and get on, pressing on the button that had the number "19" on it.

The elevator ascends swiftly, and you stand there, frowning. How had a girl, what, sixteen years old? gotten a hotel suite right next to yours? She had to be extremely rich.

The elevator slows down and you watch the small LED display as it shows the number "19." The doors open, and you step out, walking to your room door. You knock on it.

The door opens quickly, and you see Ed grinning at you. You smile and hold up the food.

"Food!" He yells. He grabs the plastic bag out of your hands and rushes to the kitchen. You follow after him, closing the door behind you.

Ed almost tears open the bag, and you sit down across from Al, Ed to your right. You pull a funny face at Al and continue watching Ed.

He separates the food into three, not-fair-at-all portions.

"There's something wrong with your mathematical reasoning, brother." Al says. You nod in agreement.

Ed takes the biggest portion (of course) and starts inhaling the food. You watch him with a smile before turning to your own food and starting to eat.

There's a knock on the door. You frown. It can't be-

"Ms. (L/N)!"

You sigh and stand up, casting the door an angry look. "I'll get it."

Ed and Al share a look. You walk to the door and open it, the girl you saw earlier standing at the door. You blink at her.

"Hi, Ms. (L/N)."

You press your lips together.

"Who is this, (Y/N)?" Al is suddenly behind you, somehow not making a sound with the crutches.

You turn around, giving him a small shrug. You hear a gasp.

"Oh, look! It's Mr. Alphonse Elric! I've heard of you!"

You facepalm. Al looks at the girl. "Uhhh. Yeah. Hi." He says awkwardly.

"What are you doing here?" You whisper as loud as you can.

"Me? Don't worry about me! What about you? Why are you whispering? And what happened to your pretty face?"

You hesitate for a moment.

"I lost my voice earlier today." Your hand goes to your throat, frowning at how smoothly you were lying.

"Oh, okay!" The girl smiles brightly. "Anyways, it's getting late, so.... OMIGOSH IS THAT MR. EDWARD ELRIC!?"

You sigh again. Who the heck was this girl and how did she know all three of you!?

The girl pushes past you and hops in front of Ed. Ed's golden eyes follow her path, and he smiles stiffly. His eyes turn to you.

"Who is this?" He says in between his teeth, smiling. You shrug.

You grab the girl's shoulders and begin to drag her towards the door.

"Okay, that's enough." You whisper, setting the girl on the ground outside your room. "Goodnight." You say, shutting the door in her face.

When you do, you turn around and sigh, rolling your eyes and sliding down against the door.

"Who was that?" Al asks. You look at him and shrug.

"I don't know."

You hear footsteps decrescendo down the hallway and get up. "She lives in the suite right next to ours, and she knows all about us, it seems. I met her while picking up the food." You whisper matter-of-factly.

Ed rubs his temples. "Okay, I'm off to sleep. Enough for today."

Ed walks away and shuts his room door behind him. Your gaze turns to Al.

"I feel like there's a big problem coming up."

*******

Sorry for the shortness T_T

If you liked this chapter, be sure to vote, comment, share, and most importantly, ENJOY!!!

~Sky-chan

Uploaded August 7, 2016

Word count: 965 words

I do not own any characters from Fullmetal Alchemist.