Angel Text

Hiigh here. This is my second story on wattpad please comment and enjoy!!

Prologue

Sitting around the fire in the middle of the woods we stared at the new collection to our "family" he was quiet and dark, his eyes downcast. He'd barely taken any talking to, he had already known, had already had a conscious. Suddenly looking up he said with a voice filled with determination "my names Dart, and I'll help you." I smiled in my most sincere voice I told him "I knew you would welcome to the team, to the family."

All of us in the family, each and every one of us has a genetic defect some god-complex(wanting, or believing they are god and/or believing humans are the highest power) "scientists" the political term for freaky psychos had made each of us. Whether we were actually born or if we were made from test tubes is still up for debate, but each of us is an escaped experiment from different facilities. Each of us is far from human, some having extra bits the others don't. The only two things we have in common is this all of us has wings, the other being each of us is based off of a mythological or religious being. Zet is a Quetzequatil the Aztec god of the sun and harvest, he has blue parrot wings and fights with a spear, he has the tail of a South American feathered serpent. Ali or Alisa has pink flamingo wings and a bunny tail, she's supposed to be Cupid, and she has small unseen teeth- leech teeth to be exact- in her lips which she uses to suck blood. Devon is based off of Satan from hell only his looks have the more heavenly approach aside from the ram horns; he has large red parrot wings and a lion's tail. Dart the newest is based off Death as far as anyone can tell, he has large black condor wings, and a black snakes tail, he has the poison of an arrowhead frog in his skin killing whoever he touches almost immediately. The last is me I had the pure white wings of an angel, the tail of an albino white snake, and the one thing setting me apart from the others...the regeneration of a starfish.

All of us had been experimented on and trained as a weapon of the military since before we could remember. Each of us had been alive for around fifteen years none of us exactly sure of our ages. The one thing we were sure of is we could never be seen never go into public and never never let this go on. So after I escaped I had destroyed my facility giving the some files over to a large news company and destroying the others. As I went along I knew I needed to get rid of all of them, after I'd destroyed the first few they'd become aware of me but by then Devon and Ali had already joined meand they were soon followed by Zet, and now Dart.

Angel Text

Chapter 1

My Family??

"DEVON!!!" I screamed gasping from the cold, shaking and dripping wet I stood "what's wrong with you?!" I glared up at the handsome boy standing in front of me his partially curling black hair falling just above his eyes, the color of a midnight sea tempest, long lashes and a sensuous soft pink mouth. Tan solidified honey skin, silk poured over steel physic, he had looks the angels probably sang hallelujahs about-even allowing for the small ram horns. His dancing deep grey-blue eyes caught and held my glare smiling he said "come on wake up and smell the forest berries cause that's all we've got and ALI'S eating them all," he practically yelled her name turning to face her, before looking back at me. Glaring at him I gave him a look that said do I care what Ali's doing? His smile turned sheepish as he gave an awkward laugh luckily-for him-Dart saved him from answering by bursting through the foliage carrying a dead rabbit and announcing "who's up for some meat?" When his eyes landed on me he blushed turning faintly pink from the collarbone up. "Uhh...Lil....here" he said shrugging his jacket off before chucking it at me.

Catching it I looked down at myself confused then shrieked punching Devon in the chest. The small v-necked sundress I wore was plastered against my wet body, the white fabric see-through from the water. Darts jacket was to big not that I cared, zipping it up I sat near the now roaring fire. Shaking my hair out I spread my wings letting them dry to, Dart sat beside me careful not to touch me or anyone else, on my other side Devon sat careful not to hit my wings. Ali, and Zet sat across from me, Zet's face as stoic and composed as usual, his eyes as black as the night around us. His black hair with a perpetually blue sheen no matter what the lighting, fell curling to his shoulder like a wild mane. The contrast between him and Ali was like a shock, she had short curled blonde hair, a mischievous flirty smile, dancing blue eyes framed by long blonde lashes. Her lips were full and pink, she had a slim frame and was the epitome of lush femininity, Zet was slim with wide shoulders lithe muscles that showed without bulging.

Folding my wings I turned to Devon and glared saying" you could have shaken me awake, you know? " Laughing he just smiled and said "yeah, but that's not as fun!" Letting out an exasperated sigh I laid on my back careful about my wings and the curling white snake like tail coming from my exposed tailbone. Like a signal was given everyone laid down as well each careful of their own wings and tail, the fire was banked and we each drifted off to sleep.

The next morning I jolted to a sitting position wide-awake, just before the blue light of dawn, standing I went in search not too far from camp for food. Walking through the forest I uncoiled my whip, white made of blended fibers weaved together with pieces of what appeared to be glass weaved throughout. Treading quietly through the foliage I searched for any sign of forest life, spotting a somewhat large looking rabbit I struck my whip wrapping around it's small neck before I yanked it toward me snapping it's neck in the process. Holding it by the ears I untangled my whip from it's neck. When I returned from my little hunting trip I had caught one other rabbit and a fish in the nearby stream, Devon was in the process of restarting the fire while Ali could be seen getting the fire wood. Zet and Stan as well as Dart were nowhere to be seen. Walking into camp I dropped, my catches and asked to no one in particular "where's the rest?" Ali called out "The others went to scout the area they should be back soon."

Ali was right though we weren't expecting them to arrive in quite that way, Zet slammed into the floor by the un-started fire not to long after her statement. The others called hovering above us, "Come on their here! There's about thirty of them moving in fast ten already here!" Just as Dart finished saying this a bird-THING slammed into him clawing at his face, one touch however and it fell spiraling to the ground never to rise again. All of us jumped into the sky throwing our wings open, my pure white wings fully outspread as I pumped higher into the sky, Devon's large red wings propelled him higher just as surely as Ali's pink ones. Zet flew up a little while after us joining the fray, round house kicking one of the half-bird half-human mutations in the throat I grabbed her(?) hair tightly at the scalp slamming her head-hard-into my knee. Suddenly my tail was yanked from behind causing me to lose my aerial balance and making me fall a foot or two. Glancing behind me I saw it had been Dart his black wings fully outstretched his usually cool black eyes swirling with the promise of eternal damnation. He'd unhooked the black scythe that usually hung from his back and was now swinging it at the mutant swooping in from above aiming for where I'd been just a second before.

For that moment in the heat of deadly battle Dart looked exactly like what the scientist had created him to look like, the embodiment of Death. As I bet I did as well, my platinum blonde hair shining in the sunlight, my pure wings and blindingly holy looking whip, even the dirty and ragged sundress I wore. All of it only enhanced the thought that I looked like an avenging angel sent straight from heaven, each of us looked exactly like what we were made to like those mythical or religious creatures they wanted us to. Slamming my forearm into the collar bone of one I called the order to retreat before the reinforcements arrived, out of the corner of my eye I saw Ali kissing some guy on the lips her hands fisted in his shirt before letting him go and watching as he slammed into the forest floor below. Giving one last elbow to the head I started to retreat followed by the others rushing through the air we flew higher and to the east.