Angel Text 3

This is a really LONG in my opinion chapter, anyway sorry if it's bad I'm tired and delusional it's ONE-FIFTY in the MORNING..............

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3

The Shock

The second the girl was engulfed by those black depths Devon and Zet snapped out of whatever spell she had cast. Flying back up to where me and Ali hovered above the water, the air was tense as we waited for Dart to surface. After a while of waiting Ali collapsed in silent sobs, silently comforting her I patted her back. Suddenly her sobs stopped her eyes were dry and they were no longer the once cheery eyes they had been, they'd changed. Now her bright blue eyes were narrowed a dark fire raging in her, barely banked by the half-mast lids covering it. Steely eyed Ali flew forward over the pools of water and into the facility itself. The wide but low hallways forced us to land. Walking through the halls we split destroying all the equipment, knocking out or killing everything that got in our way, and freeing all the caged untrained experiments fighting the trained ones.

Breaking my way into a experiment housing lab-basically a dark dimly lit room filled with black cages row after row. Striding forward I knelt to unlatch the first cage, quickly standing I half turned kicking my leg back barely clipping someone in the gut. Turning around I saw a guy with long-ish auburn hair. His eyes were a clear green, but the most shocking thing was he looked completely normal no sign of wings or a tail....nothing. Smiling at me he said "I'm sorry but...." His words fell away as he ran forward his arm snaking out to punch me in the kidney. Jumping back I glared at him and yelled "why are you doing this? Why are you helping them?!" The smile he gave could have broken the heart of a frozen queen "I ask myself that every day, and the answers always the same, my sister."

-------------------Stranger's POV----------

I know what I'm doing is wrong, but I can't stop. This girl, with the looks of an angel, this girl who's taken it upon herself to stop the injustice going on here is.....right. No matter the circumstances that's right, but......Eve if this place gets destroyed than Eve'll, she'll....die. The scientists here said they'd heal her as long as I donate myself, my body. There's no point in living without her, she's all the family I've got and if their experiments help me to protect her I don't mind. I'll go through all the pain it takes, nothing is more painful than losing my only family, not even the pain I feel in my heart every time I fulfill a mission. Staring this girl down our bodies joining in an ancient dance of kicks and punches the only thing I hear is that day so long ago. "Don't worry Eve I'll take us away from this!" I'd proclaimed gesturing to the dark streets littered with all kinds of filth even the human kind. Coughing she'd tugged my sleeve and said "promise?" extending her small hand her pinky out for a pinky promise. Wrapping my pinky around hers we pressed thumbs together as I repeated "promise."

The feel of her small, fragile hand in mine had only solidified my determination I'd get us out of this disgusting gutter or I'd die trying. Afterward I'd met a scientist and made the deal since then Eve has lived a happy joyful life. And I'd do anything beat, steal, kill, and rob to ensure her life stays that way.

---------Lilith's POV---------------------------

Punching the boy in the nose I felt as his bone and cartilage splintered under the assault, smiling as the blood trickled out. Frowned as the cartilage and bone realigned as the purple bruise-like swelling disappeared. Somehow he healed as I did, he was fast and strong knowing just when to strike; intimidation was powerful though "what's your name, I like to know the name of everyone I kill." Though this is true it's not for the reason he may think I like to bury them with at least a small handmade headstone they deserve at least that. "Adam, my name is Adam," he ground out between jabs. Catching his arm mid-punch I said "mine's Lilith," as I moved to twist his arm behind his back and dislocate it he reversed the maneuver and I found myself in his position. Bringing my leg up behind me like I scorpions tail I kicked him in the jaw forcing him to drop his hold on my arm.

Suddenly a voice filled the room from a loud speaker, "Adam you need to kill this girl, need I remind you what will happen if you don't?"The voice was obnoxious and sneering. I didn't have time to question the meaning to the assholes words before a spear was jabbed toward my stomach the brown handle wrapped in a ornamental green snake a red tassel hung just under the blade. The tassel probably died red with the blood it was meant to soak up the snake probably working as a grip. Grabbing my coiled whip I lashed it out meaning to cut his arm or chest. Spinning the spear my whip hit it like a wall the spear moving too fast for my whip to wrap around it. As we circled each other in a deadly dance my whip lashed out his spear thrust forward over and over again. A 'x' shaped laceration marked his chest and the spears tip had thrust into my left shoulder only to twist in deeper. As I screamed the obnoxious overhead guy, "that's more like it Adam, kill her! If you don't your sister will die and you'll end up back in that disgusting trash heap I found you in!"

I wasn't quite stunned but his words made me look more closely at this guy Adam. So he had told the truth, he does fight for his sister. As we leapt into the fight with renewed vigor, I thought, this is dangerous I can't let this get to me. I can't think of him as a person as someone fighting for what they believe in. As we fought I found myself pondering on what his life had been like. In between punches I found myself asking about him and his sister. He was sixteen, seven years her senior he'd been studied and experimented on for 3 years, his sister Eve, has a rare blood condition. As Adam swung his spear at my ribs I jumped back and flicked my whip forward wrapping around his closest wrist and ripping it open. Rushing in I cut his throat letting his body go as he slumped to the ground.

------------Adam's POV----------------------

As her knife came toward me everything slowed, even as the knife cut through me. Slumping to the ground I felt as the blood left my body, as it pooled around my body as everything fades to black the last thing I see is Eve's face in my mind "I'm sorry Eve, I promised to get you away from the filth looks like I just brought you to more of it. Forgive me?" As the words left my frozen mouth, my mind was slowly pulled under by the black waves that have lapped at my heart for years.

--------Lilith POV-----------------------------

After letting loose all the experiments, I ran through the facility knocking people out and killing others, trying to convince myself that the hot liquid stinging my eyes and running down my cheeks wasn't tears. When I finally met up with the others in the data room I saw that each had some kind of sign that they'd fought cuts, or ripped clothing. Setting the facility on fire I tried not to think of Adam's sister Eve choking and dying, getting engulfed by the flames. Rushing through the flames we ran until we could fly again in the higher ceilinged halls. As we reached the outside we rushed into the woods, flying in an up current. Suddenly aware that we were being followed I stopped and turned around. I almost cried when I heard a familiar voice call out from the trees "It's a good thing I was in that water or I'd be fried chicken about now."

Even after the elation of seeing Dart alive and well, I still thought about little Eve, I said a hurried "sorry!" Flying off at full-speed I rushed into the burning Facility. Choking on the dark fumes I ran screaming "Eve! Eve!" Pumping my legs I ran checking room after room. Until I found her she was laying knocked hospital like bed with a board with a serial number and her name. Taking her in my arms I ran carrying her to the exit. Flying up to the others I gave a quick "wait here" and flew her to a nearby hospital. Meeting back up with the others we flew off.

When we'd gotten a good six-hundred miles off I asked Dart how he survived. The sight of his long black hair, and black eyes brought me joy. His pale, yet not pasty skin, the shadows under his eyes, everything. "So how did you survive?" "Oh, I kissed her then punched her in the gut forcing the air from her lungs? Maybe air sacs and swallowed, it as I waited for the poison to infuse with the water and she died from the poison.

------------------------------------------------

Adam as in Adam and Eve and LILITH is Adam's first wife in the jewish version of the bible....sorry if this is not right. Lilith was made from the dust like Adam and she didn't like that he treated her ike he was better so she cursed him and stormed out of Eden god sent angels to bring the lady back but she refused......p.s. eve is made from Adam's ribs. Eve in my story didn't exactly tempt Adam, but she is the cause of him "falling" into darkness. killing him is my version of a curse

The spear is the tempting serpent the tassel iis the apple, on spears the tassel was used to soak up blood so that you could keep your grip on your weapon,