Angel Text 4

Angel Text. Sorry fans this is Nigh101 my friend Zey740 was 'busy' so could not update on Friday as planned.

----------------------------------

Chapter 4

The Lost

Surrounded by the loud blares and flashing lights. I stood transfixed staring at the screen, line after line swallowing the emptiness. Destroying the database I flew out of the facility lighting it a flame as I went. Soaring through the now glowing night, I had but two words in my mind, to words emblazoned into my brain.

Far from the blazing facility, I laid against a fir tree. Everyone sleeping like new born puppies pressed against each other for body heat. Trying to wiggle out from beneath Dart's arm tried to stand, finally working my way free I sat atop one of the uppermost branches of a sturdy oak. Keeping watch over the clearing where the others slept I noticed Devon's absence. Barely shifting when he landed beside me with a quiet 'whump' I turned toward him. Smiling at me he said "stop worrying it can't be as bad as it sounds."

In response I raised my brows shooting him a look that said 'really'. At the sound of his jubilant laughter I jumped. Wiping away tears of mirth he clutched his stomach with his other hand gasping out between peals of laughter; "okay so maybe you're right. One of you is more than enough but a legion? That's down right terrifying!"

I stared at him for a moment my brain trying to process his words, his happiness in such a frightening situation. Then, suddenly, strangely I understood and I too, sent my laughter roaring into the night. Then I was the one gasping between laughter "If, I'm terrifying, you'd devastate the intelligence of everyone who heard you speak. I swear sometimes it's like your little speeches actually make Ali and the rest stupider!"

All night we talked and laughed, joking around, rehashing old stories and being generally annoying to all the sleeping forest residents, including the rest. Eventually my eyes dropped to half-mast and I felt myself slipping before I knew it I was in Devon's arms. "It's okay I got you . I won't let you fall." Only then did I realize I'd fallen, too tired to actually care and lulled into a feeling of safety and warmth, I let myself drift off in his arms.

Even nestled against the warmth of Devon's chest the nightmares still assaulted me, an army of clones, of us. Would I be able to kill someone who looks exactly like my family? Watch as Ali's bright eyes darkened with lifelessness, could I breaks Zet's neck with my own two hands? Even worse, could I whip them to pieces literally stripping the skin off of the muscle?

It doesn't matter I have to do this, because of my escapades The Facilities are targeting my family. Angel Text, the textbook of God, now the file is at every Facility world-wide our genetics, our gene's everything. Somewhere an army will arise and we have to stop it, but can we?

My family maybe strong, but will we be strong enough to defeat ourselves, to kill each other? All these thoughts swirled snarled, and tangled caught and hooked itself into my brain; it seems not even sleep brought peace for my beleaguered mind.

My dreams were horrible, body after body each caught with the horrible screams of death still twisting there expressions, scene after scene changing as slowly as molasses dripping down. A field of bodies even more gruesome and horrific than the last a silence so loud it stifled the senses, then the wet sputter of someone breathing past pain. The sound of nails scrapping through rough dirt, then finally I saw him.

Devon crawling through the blood and filth, amidst all of the others, his face streaked with grime and dirt. As he crawled ever closer did I see it the long lacerations unique to my own whip, the way his skin split and his blood, his life blood fell carelessly spilled. Each precious drop of his life a vibrant jewel made from the struggles he'd endured. His life blood leaving a glistening scarlet trail, before being swallowed by the thirsty earth, as Devon dragged himself ever closer.

Then I heard it, his wet breaths and weak and completely flat voice. His, a voice so full of emotion it seemed like he had none at all. His eyes like to glass orbs stared at me their dark as night depths saying nothing. "How could you? How could you trust him over me?"

Then I felt it a sharp pain in my ribs, saw a flash of glistening red metal and turned falling to the floor, above me stood Devon his eyes bright with triumph his usually beautiful mouth twisted into an awful sneer. A sheen of blood coating his lips where you could see he'd licked it off the blade. My blood.

Then I understood I'd not trusted the real Devon choosing to believe this fraud instead. It was like some sick karmic revenge as I collapsed next to Devon his one gesture before his eyes went flat with death left a wound in my heart I knew would never heal. He forced himself to sit up kiss my forehead and whisper "goodbye."

I awoke from my dream tears staining my face clutching Devon's chest tightly his one shirt wet with my salty tears. "Shhhhh shhhh. Whatever it is I'll make it better it's alright, Lil, no matter what I'll be there for you." I couldn't tell him that's what I was afraid of all I could do was sob into his chest wishing he would hold me tighter in his comforting and familiar embrace.