Chapter 3

Grace parks her car in front of her apartment. Hoping that Chester is there so she can cuddle up to him and cry a little more. She is still shocked about what Hannah told Mamrie. But why only Mamrie and not her. Did she really do anything wrong like Hannah said.

She steps out of the car and locks it behind her before she walks to her apartment. She opens the door with her key and walks in slowly. It's only 8 am so if Chester is here he's still asleep. Grace walks up the stairs and opens her bedroom door.

Chester isn't there so she closes her door again and walks back down the stairs. Grace walks into the kitchen and picks up a bottle of water before she leaves the house again. She steps into the car again and swallows away the tears that start to come.

Not now Grace. Not now. She thinks to herself as she starts the car to drive to Chester's apartment. Grace wipes away the stray tears and gets back on the road. It's a 5 minute drive to Chester's house. She parks the car, gets out and walks to the door. Grace opens the front door with her key and walks in. Chester is sitting on the couch and watching some television.

"Hi Honey. How was the rest of the night?"

Grace shrugs her shoulder and lets herself fall on the couch next to Chester. She hooks her arm in his arm and drops her head on his shoulder.

"What's wrong Gracie?"

Grace sniffs her nose when the tears start streaming down her face. Chester looks her in the eyes and wipes away a tear.

"Was it really that bad?"

Grace nods her head slowly into Chester's shoulder. The tears are still coming and going. Chester's shoulder is getting wetter and wetter by the second. Chester pushes Grace of his shoulder so he can look her in the eyes.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Grace shakes her head. "Okay Honey. Do you want to go upstairs and cuddle a little in bed?"

"I'm okay here on the couch." Chester kisses the top of Grace's head. "I'm okay for now."

Chester lets Grace snuggle into him deeper as they look at the program on the television. Grace's breathing calms down and her eyes fall closed. She starts to snore a little bit. Chester looks down and moves Grace's head to his lap.

Chester is awake and just staring at a sleeping Grace. She's so beautiful when she sleeps. Who am I kidding she's always beautiful.

"Are you staring at me again?"

"I just can't help it you're so pretty when you sleep."

Grace hit her face in her hands to hide her blush. She giggles softly and moves her hands away again. She looks at Chester and bites her lip.

"Do you want to know what happened yesterday?"

"Only if you want to tell me because you don't have to. You were pretty upset yesterday and I don't want to force you to go through it again."

Grace sits up in the bed and leans against the headboard of the bed. Chester does the same thing and he waits until Grace starts talking.

"I want to tell you." Grace swallows before she continues. "We were left with just the three of us and we were starting to get pretty drunk when Hannah suggested we would play a game. But we decided not to because we were too drunk."

Grace looks at her hands and continues.

"I decided we could just tell each other stories. But before we actually started I had already fallen asleep on Hannah's lap. Hannah and Mamrie started talking and at one point Hannah was pulled of the couch and my head fell down, waking me up but Hannah and Mamrie didn't notice and kept talking and Hannah was showing Mamrie something on her arm. I knew immediately but I didn't move at all so they still didn't know I was wake."

Chester moves closer to Grace and picks up her head. He looks her in her tear filled eyes and squeezes her hand softly.

"You can stop Honey. It's okay."

"No it's not okay. I need to tell you this." Grace takes a deep breath in. "Hannah was showing Mamrie her arms and they were both crying and talking. Hannah was telling Mamrie her life story of the last couple years and how she blamed me for part of it. And that's when I turn around and jumped up. I think I said something but I was in shock and out of the room very quickly."

The tears could not be contained anymore as Grace's body started shaking hard. Heart racking sobs sound through the room and Grace completely collapses on the bed. Chester tries to hug her close but she pushes him away, rolls herself in a ball and screams.

Chester stands up off the bed and leaves the room to go downstairs. He walks down to the kitchen to fix them some breakfast. Grace is still crying upstairs but she is calming down a little bit. Not screaming anymore.

Chester finishes the coffee and pores some orange juice in the glasses. He places the toast on a plate next to the glasses and cups of coffee before he walks back up the stairs to see how Grace is doing and if she is ready for some breakfast.

"Gracie?"

Chester walks in slowly and looks at Grace. She is still into a fetus position but she has calmed down completely.

"Grace?"

"Yes." A little voice comes from the bed. "Do I need to get out of bed?"

"You need to eat something Honey?"

"I'm not hungry Chester. And I don't want to go out of bed."

Chester walks up to the bed and scopes Grace out of it. Grace kicks and scream to let her go but Chester ignores it completely and starts walking down the stairs.

"Chester set me down. I'll walk myself."

But Chester keeps walking until he is in the kitchen. He places Grace on a chair and walks away. He comes back with the things he made, eggs on toast, juice and coffee.

"Enjoy my queen."

This makes Grace smile for a little bit. Chester always knew what she needed even when she didn't know herself.

"Thank you." Grace whispers.

"No problem."

They continue eating their breakfast in peace without exchanging another word.

Hannah wakes up slowly and starts remembering bits and pieces of yesterday's party. The good and the bad things come and start floating back as she starts to wake up more. Mamrie is still snoring next to her. Hannah sits up and looks around the room. Grace has not come back in the room when they were asleep, so Hannah get out of bed.

Hannah walks out of the room to look around for Grace. She opens the door to the guestroom but Grace isn't there so she walks down the stairs. The living room is empty which means that Grace has already left the house before they woke up. Hannah decides to call Chester to check he has seen Grace.

Hannah types in the number and presses call. The phone starts ringing but nobody answers it on the other end so Hannah stops the call again and texts Chester instead.

'Is Grace with you? We lost her after we went to sleep.'

She got a responds immediately.

'Yes she's here. Please don't call for a while. I don't want to pick a side here but Grace is really upset about what happened yesterday.'

After a minute she got another text.

'Maybe you should let Grace contact you when she's ready.'

Hannah reads it all again before she texts back.

'I'll let her come to me and I'll tell the same thing to Mamrie.'

'Thank you Hannah. I appreciate that.'

A/N: So I've enjoyed writing this but I may need a little help with the direction this story is going to go. Send me ideas and maybe tips.