Future Reference XXXI

It had been about a month since the drop shop had hit Earth

It had been about a month since the drop shop had hit Earth. After everything that had been going on lately, it was uncommon for you to find the time to actually workout. Today, it seemed, there was a change in pattern. Woken from a restless sleep from the night before, you wander out into the middle of camp, inhaling deeply. Most everyone else is asleep, and it seems only the birds and animals are awake and enjoying their time. With a happy air flowing around you, you decide that it would be a good time to start working out.

Shrugging off your jacket, you find a space far away from most people so you can start in on your workout. After a few crunches and pushups, of which you find yourself struggling to do, curse this Earth for making your fitness impossible to uphold. As your feet hit the ground again, after having decided that it was time to do a handstand, you feel someone else's presence. You glance over your shoulder, seeing Bellamy Blake in all his glory, standing there and watching you. Huffing, you place your hands on your hips, raising a brow.

"Something wrong Blake? Or do you just enjoy staring at people while they work out?" you quip, making Bellamy smirk.

He shrugs out of his t-shirt, stretching his arms before dropping to the ground and starting on some pushups. "Thought it would be interesting to work out together. Although, I doubt you could keep up Y/N."

The proposition of a competition has you smiling, and you drop to the ground, starting on some pushups too. Within the hour, the two of you are sweaty and trying to beat the other. It was harder than it looked, keeping up with Bellamy Blake, but it wasn't a surprise to the others that you two were doing this. It wasn't uncommon for you two to battle it out, whether in wits or physical composition, but today, it just wasn't necessary. With a little huff, you stand and wipe the sweat out of your eyes.

"I bet, I can make it to the dropship and back...before you," Bellamy says, breathing a bit heavily.

Raising a brow, you nod, then take off running. Bellamy yells after you, but you're already halfway there, and you touch the dropship and race back, not seeing Bellamy. You're almost sure that you've won, until you see him jogging up to the spot you two had been before. Hitting the ground harder, you miss him by a hair, and Bellamy smirks, bending over and placing his hands on his knees. Wow.

"How the hell did you do that?" you gasp, staring at him in awe. Bellamy chuckles and then straightens up, grabbing his shirt off the ground and dusting it off.

"Shortcut. You don't always have to take the direct path to get where you want to go. Just for future reference."