Chapter Seven

Scarlett's POV

Damon takes a deep breath.

"Damn boy, you're taking forever. I know you're an actor, but just spit it out. Enough with the dramatic intensity."

Damon sighs, "No, I'm just trying to figure out how to explain it - like you explained this with freaky Friday oh! I got it. Have you ever seen the movie My Sister's Keeper?"

I nod my head," yeah I went to the premiere."

Damon smiles,"great, well - Allies life is kinda like that, with her sister-"

"What?" I interrupt, eyebrows fully furrowed.

"Let me finish explaining, then react. So, allies sister had leukemia, or some weird strain of it - I don't know all the details or much about the actual disease, but Allie was a match. She donated a lot of herself to her sister over the years. Her sister's completely healed and fine right now, which is amazing, but yeah." Damon explains.

I sit back in my seat and mull over what he's just told me," don't tell me her dad-"

"Left because of it. Oh hell yeah he did. He's the worst type of scum." Damon bitterly spouts.

"How, how do you know this? I mean when did she tell you? Who else here knows?" I ask.

"Just me and the guys. Josh, Max, Jessica. We did this workshop together at state festival. It was crazy intense and at the end you share your deepest fears and secrets. You don't have to but a lot of people do share. We all took it and my god, Allie had everyone in the room crying. There wasn't a single dry eye. I think she'd never spoken to anyone about it other than her mom, sister, and doctors so it was really emotional for her too." Damon explains.

"Do you think that's why she tries to blend into the shadows? I mean she wears such baggies clothes. I haven't even seen scars or anything on her body because I guess I haven't looked for them." I look down at her body.

"It's been a while since the last surgeries. Her body has healed over the years, but yeah I guess you're right. Allie doesn't really like to be noticed, but she totally is. She just doesn't see it."

"Why'd she do it? Did she tell you?" I ask, suddenly wanting to know.

"You know I asked her that too. But, I mean, you've talked to her, you know she'd never think twice about saving anyone's life - especially her sister. Even from a young age, it was always Allies choice. She made the final decision each time," Damon says, "but you know she gave up big things. And had massive surgeries. It must not have been easy."

"And are her and her sister close?" I ask.

Damon shrugs," I don't really know. I mean, I don't think they are - they're so different, like polar opposites."

"In what ways?" I ask,

"Well, Liv's a popular cheerleader, Allie's a theatre geek. Liv's obssesed with reality tv, very stupid boys, and celebrity gossip. Al loves silent movies, The Sound of Music, and anything directed by Wes Anderson. Get the picture?" Damon asks.

I nod my head, "I'm starting too. So do love and Allie get along?"

Damon shakes his head,"enough. They're not really close. Liv kinda overpowers Allie - I think because she's jealous of her. Allie's too strong and too much of a saint to fight back, so she just takes it in silence."

"I guess not so silent if she told you," I mutter.

Damon shakes his head," Liv did. In so many words. She tried to go after me once, to try to get a rise out of Allie. But, Allie didn't mind so she backed off."

"Well, Allies used to giving Liv every damn thing - including literal pieces of her. Of course Allie wouldn't say anything!" I exclaim, bitterly.

Damon agrees," right."

I blow out a breath of air and we watch two people arguing in the corner of the auditorium.

"How good of an actress is Allie, anyway?" I ask.

Damon smiles, and I can tell he's watching a performance of hers in his head," None of us saw it right away because she was holding back for a while. But then, I don't know something snapped into place and she showed all of us what she's really made of. I mean, when Allie acts, it's heart wrenching. You're transported into whatever world she's created and you lose yourself in it. She knows how to tap into the essence of whatever character she's playing. It's literally mind blowing."

"So clearly expectations are low for me with this scene," I mutter.

Damon grins,"I've seen what you can do. You're screwed."

I slap his arm in protest," hey! I'm not that bad!"

"Bear Apocalypse 4: stuffed into hell," Damon says and I groan.

"My agent thought it'd help shake up my image. Besides I was high the whole time we shot that." I defend myself.

"Uh huh," Damon grins and I smack his arm again.

I glance down at my phone," you know, allies gonna try to do a movie, while she's in my body."

Damon laughs," well Scarlet, you actually have a chance at winning an Oscar after all."

"Ha ha, very funny." I pout and think of something else.

"But if Allie is supposedly this good-" I start.

"She is." Damon says firmly,

"Fine if she is, why isn't she ever cast as the lead?" I ask.

Damon sighs and runs a hand over his head," because, our theatre boosters is run by some very persuasive women. It's probably illegal, but the drama booster president is Fiona's mom. Whatever Fiona wants, happens. And if you think Fiona and Maria are competitive with each other, boy oh boy are they passive aggressive to Allie. To you, so enjoy that!"

"You know I won't. Allie might year everyone's shit, but I'm whole different type of woman."

Unedited but I wanted to get the ball rolling again. I wrote this on my phone so it's probably a total mess - like my life is.

Thanks for reading and voting! It means the world to me. As do all of your comments!