part 13 <3

Ziva dragged into work. She was so tired! At least she had gotten there on time though. She plopped down at her desk and glanced around. Mcgee was cheerfully puttering around, Gibbs was typing furiously, and Tony..Tony was nowhere in sight.

"Gibbs?" Ziva asked. "How is Abby doing?" Gibbs stern face softened at the mention of the dark haired goth. "She's doing fine, but alot of internal damage was done. She breathed those chemicals in for months without realizing it. She'll probably be in the hospital for another month or so." he said.

Ziva nodded. She had asked mostly to stall for time so Tony wasn't late, but he still wasn't here, and it was 7:20 now.

Gibbs glanced at Tony's desk. "Where's Dinnozio?" he questioned. McGee shrugged, but Ziva avoided Gibb's eyes.

Gibbs noticed. "David, spit it out. Where is he?"

ziva panicked. She began to lie frantically. "I assumed he was out late partying because when I was out running at 5 a.m I saw his car go by. Maybe he overslept?"

Gibbs looked skeptical. He looked like he was about to question her further, but the elevator door slid open and Tony rushed in. "Sorry boss! Sorry! My alarm didn't go off - late night..ya know.." Gibb's eyes narrowed. "out late doing what exactly?!?"

Tony purposely did not look at Ziva. "I had some late night appointments," he murmured. He hated lying to Gibbs but for Ziva he would.

Gibbs glared at him. "Down to the lab right now" he ordered. "And take the stairs!"

Gibbs watched them walk off. He knew something was up. Maybe the stairs would stop a little bit of the romancing though, instead of the privacy of the elevator.

thanks for reading! i will try to update as much as possible, but my grandfather has just been diagnosed with cancer. thank u all for reading and voting! comment any suggestiosn!