part 18

Ziva was quiet the rest of the afternoon. The rest of the team members tried to engage her in conversation, but she wasn't interested. Tony was worried. He didn't realize that Gibbs open disapproval would crush Ziva so much. He assumed that was what was botherin her, but he was unable to ask her until..

(LATER THAT NIGHT)

Ziva waited by the door for Tony to pick her up. She was dressed in her shimmery red dress with the new heels, but she didn't feel as beautiful as she had earlier. "Be cheerful, Ziva. Don't ruin Tony's night" she said to herself.

Tony's car glided up to her drive. Ziva hesitated before opening the door. All of a sudden, insecurity washed over her. She felt like an ugly duckling trying to hide behind fancy clothes. She took her hand off the knob. "I cant go" she thought. Swallowing, she sat down with a thud on the floor near the door. She pulled her knees toward her chest and wrapped her arms around them.

Tony peered out the window. Ziva wasn't coming out.."I'll go up to the door and get her." he decided. He walked up to the door and noticed the curtain moving slightly. Tony's lip pursed..something wad wrong. He ran up the remainder of the walkway and knocked on the door.

Sitting on the floor, Ziva heard the knock. She buried her face in her knees and tried to calm her breathing.

Tony beat on the door, knowing something was wrong. He gently tried the doorknob..it was unlocked, so he opened the door slightly. He peered thru and saw Ziva sitting on the floor. She was sitting on the floor, a red dress spread all around, her hair falling over her shoulders with her face buried in her knees.

He walked softly over to her and sat down with her. "Zi?" he asked softly.

Ziva didn't answer. Tony watched her thinking to himself "A beautiful princess with a lost crown.." He made himself a resolution to always treat her like the queen tht she was.

He gently moved her hair away from her face. He lifted her tear streaked face up amd when their eyes met, he could not resist. He pulled her close and held her to his chest. "Ziva, what happened princess? What did Gibbs say in the elevator this afternoon?" Ziva took a deep breath. She didn't know why she was so upset. After all, she hadn't fought with Gibbs, he didn't suspect the secret relationship, and he wasn't angry with her. Nothing had really happened, yet she was shaken to the core over the possibility that it might. She admitted all this to Tony, looking desperately into his eyes for answers.

He held her to him tightly and kissed her forehead. "Ziva, you are my princess. I would do anything for you, but I can't change this. I can't make Gibbs allow this..but I won't let him stop this either."

Ziva felt so secure in his arms. He brushed her hair away from her face. She was so beautiful.

Tony gently released her. "Do you still want to go to dinner? I don't mind at all if we just eat takeout in our fancy clothes, Zi."

Only then did Ziva realize he was dressed in a tuxedo. "No!" she gasped. "Of course I still want to go!"

Tony checked his watch. "We better go then..the reservation is for 10 p.m. Did I..Ziva I need to tell you.." his throat was dry. He cleared it, but couldn't find the words. Ziva bit her lip anxiously. Tony gently held her face. "When I first came in..I wanted to just stand there and stare. If you hadn't been upset, I think I would have."

Ziva's heart flamed. She gently kissed him.

Tony took her hand and led her to the car. he opened the car door for her, and then they were on the way to the restaurant!

Thanks for reading! did u all like thjs chapter? any comments or ideas are really appreciated