Chapter 21. A Mess

Adriana's Pov-

"What the fuck is going on out here?!" My dad yelled, coming out of the house. "What the fuck are you doing here Smith?! What did you do to my daughter?!" My dad yelled, grabbing him by his shirt. "Dad! Don't!" I yelled, getting up.

My dad threw him to the ground and Jaden got up quickly. My dad punched him in the face and I gasped. "Dad!" I yelled, and looked at Jaden. His jaw was clenched tightly, and I could tell he wanted to hit my dad. He looked at me and I closed my eyes. "Adriana, please don't do this." He said, and I shook my head 'no'. I opened my eyes and I could see the hurt in his. "Get the fuck off my property and stay away from my daughter!" My dad yelled, and Danielle stepped beside him.

"No. I'm not leaving until she forgives me." Jaden said, and I started sobbing even more. "Jaden, what did you do?" Danella asked him, and hugged me. "I-" "Sweetie, I think you should go. Try talking to her tomorrow." Danielle said, and he nodded. "Fine." He said, and looked at me one last time. He got in his car and drove off.

My dad grabbed my arm and dragged me in the house. "Are you fucking out of your mind?! What were you doing with him?! How do you even know him?!" My dad yelled, and I just kept crying. "Let her go Adrian." Danielle said. "Are you going to answer me?!" He yelled, ignoring her. "Stop yelling at her. She looks like she's been through enough for tonight." She said, and he let me go.

I ran up stairs to my room and slammed my door.

Why can't Jaden and I be like a normal couple? Why can't Jaden be normal? Why did I have to fall in love with a criminal?

Jaden's Pov-

"Jesse!"  Adriana yelled, running up to him and throwing herself at him. He kissed her and she pulled away smiling. What the fuck? "I love you so much." He whispered to her, and she blushed. "I love you more."  She put her head in his chest and smiled. Jesse looked at me and smirked-...

"JADEN! WAKE UP! WE LEAVE IN 30 MINUTES!" Boss yelled, through the door, waking me up out of my sleep.

"Alright!" I yelled, closing my eyes. My thoughts drifted back to my dream, and my jaw clenched. I honestly don't think I can get her back this time. I ruined everything. I always do. I don't deserve her. She deserves someone like Jesse. She doesn't deserve to go through the bullshit I put her through. She can't take it anymore.

Her voice keeps replaying over and over in my head. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep, but the only thing that kept popping up in my head was her crying face.

"I love you so much, but I can't do this anymore! I just can't, okay?! I'm done! I'm done with everything!"

I tried to close my eyes and block it out, but it wouldn't go away. I need to see her. I have to. I need to apologize.

Adriana's Pov-

I sat on the couch opposite from my dad. He was glaring at me and I was avoiding his stare. "How do you know him?" "Everyone knows him." I said, and swallowed the lump forming in my throat. My voice came out hoarsed and strained. I cried A LOT last night. "Adriana... I swear-" "I know him from school, okay?!" I yelled, while my voice cracked like crazy.

"Why was he here?" "Because he dropped me off." "Why the hell would he be dropping you off?!" "Because he just was!" "You're not making any sense!" "We are dating that's why! Or was... I don't know, okay?!" I yelled, and ran upstairs. I ran into my room and slammed the door. I fell face first on my bed and screamed into my pillow. I feel so alone. I need someone here with me. Why did I practically beg Danella to leave? My phone started buzzing and I groaned. Please don't be Jaden. I picked it up and looked at the caller ID.