Chapter 27. Down In Flames

***READ THE ENDING OF CHAPTER 26 BEFORE YOU READ THIS I CHANGED IT***

Adriana's Pov-

-2 days later-

I PUT my chin in the palm of my hand and closed my eyes. I tried humming in my head to drown out Mrs.Naden's voice, but I failed big time. It's like her voice rises in volume with every sentence she speaks.

I need to get out of here.

I got up from the desk and slipped my phone in my back pocket. I walked out of the class, but not before grabbing the hall pass.

My boots clacked against the marble floor as I walked down the hallway, and my curls bounced with each step I took. I turned the corner and bumped into someone.

I stumbled a little and the unknown person grabbed my shoulders before I fell.

"I'm so sorry." I said and raised my head to look at the stranger.

Holy fucking shit. This boy is gorgeous.

"Woah." He said and removed his hands from me. I ran a hand through my curls and he smiled. "Woah what?" I asked and he bit his lip.

"Um... never mind... nothing. " He said revealing his british accent.

"I-Um... okay. I love your accent. British right?" "You are correct. You're Brazilian." He stated rather than questioning. "Yes. Wow... My accent is not that noticeable." "I stayed in Brazil last summer-"

"ADRI!" I looked down the hall to see Danella jogging towards us. "So, your name is Adri?" "Adriana." "Adriana." He repeated to himself slowly and I smiled.

"So, who's your friend?" Danella asked standing next to me. "This is-..." "Cameron, but you can just call me Cam." He said and she smiled. "Wow, I love your accent. I'm Danella and I'm single by the way." "What? No you're not." I said and she nodded. "Yes I am." "Since when?" "Since 5 hours ago." "What?! And you didn't tell me?!" "This isn't something to discuss right now." "Y-"

"Excuse me ladies... it was nice to meet you, but I have to get back to class." "Okay. See ya around ." Danella and I said simultaneously. "Bye." He said smiling and walked away.

"That boy is perfect. It's like he's photoshopped to bad he's not into me... He's into you."

-After school-

I stuffed my text books in my locker and slammed it shut. I put my bag over my shoulder. "So, what happened between you and Jacob?" I asked Danella as we walked down the crowded halls. "I thought I was into the whole bad boy thing, but I'm not. I was just getting tired of not seeing him a lot." She said and I frowned.

"You gu-" "I just don't see how you do it. You barely see Jaden and when you do it's bullshit. You to beak up and get back together constantly. You two are always arguing... He's obviously not the right guy for you. I guess maybe you just like the idea of having a bad boy in your life. You guys are going to keep repeating the same cycle over and over. You'll never be a civil couple. You two are a toxic couple." She said and we stopped in front of the school.

"When did this become about me?" "I know. I'm sorry I have been wanting to tell you that for a wh-" "You don't know shit about my relationship. You just know the bullshit details that I decide to tell you. You don't know what we have. I love him and he loves me, okay? Just because your relationship didn't last doesn't mean you have to talk crap about mine." "I'm sorry I di-" "No you're not and we both know that." I said and we started to walk again.

"Look, I said I'm sorry-" "I know I heard you Danella." "You aren't mad at me are you?" "I just-" I started to say, but ended stopping dead in my tracks.