Authors' Note and Extended Summary

Hellooo, all you thirsty little noodles!

Welcome to our authors' note! No, that was not a typo, there are actually two authors for this novel! Much excitement, such wow! I'm @booklovingpotato and my dear friend is @veroniquebradley, but you can call me Ginger or potato goddess (you get free Nutella if you use the latter), and you can call her Mac or Roni. Hue, hue, hue, get it? *crickets* No? Okay...

I am in charge of Ali's POV, and Mac's in charge of Caleb's. Ali has the odd chapters, Caleb the even ones. Simple enough.

There will be no set updating schedule, as we more or less have lives outside of Wattpad. We'll try to update as quick as we can, but we're both in high school, and you know what that's like.

Neither of us has much experience with writing, and this is our first novel, so we're learning. It would be much appreciated if you would comment and give us feedback. And by feedback, we don't mean "If you aren't praising my amazing writing skills 100% of the time, get out, hater". We mean, tell us honestly what you really think. After all, "But better to get hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie." Whether it be a typo, a sentence that doesn't sound quite right, or you're bored because it's moving too slow, please let us know- kindly, though. Constructive criticism is what we're looking for.

This is also not insta-love, or a tale about a damsel in distress being saved by a knight in shining armor. It's not all sunshine and rainbows. We will be addressing some dark topics. If you want a light, breezy read, this book may not be a good fit for you. But it's always good to try new things, too:)

I have someone to introduce to you:) This is Phillip, my big ass, Smaug lookin' dragon *gestures grandly to big ass, Smaug lookin' dragon*. Phillip has been trained since birth to detect and devour plagiarizers, misogynists, and Donald Trump. He says plagiarizers taste a lot better than people who actually have original ideas because they don't possess brains or balls, which have a bit of an aftertaste:) Copy our story and HE. WILL. MESS. YOU. UP. Other than that, though, he's quite a sweetheart.

On that note, I'll present the extended summary! *drumroll*

❋ ❋ ❋

Fresh out of the foster care system, Ali has no place to stay, no job, and no one but herself to lean on. She holds everyone and everything at arm's length, constantly living in fear, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

By a twist of fate, she meets the filthy rich Mr and Mrs. Fisher, who are in desperate need of a full time babysitter. They offer her a large sum of money to watch their eight year-old daughter, Gemma, and it's too good an offer to refuse, despite their cold and infuriating son, Caleb.

Caleb, who knows Ali's not as innocent as she seems, is not at all happy when he learns who will be taking care of his little sister. Fiercely protective of Gemma and deeply suspicious of Ali from the first time he sets eyes on her, he watches her carefully. He knows she's got some secrets of her own, just like him.

Slowly, as their mutual love for Gemma pushes them together, their hatred turns to dislike, which morphs into tolerance. But with a million secrets and oceans of distrust between them, how is it possible for their relationship to move any further?

❋ ❋ ❋

We hope you enjoy our story!

P.S. The video up above is completely unrelated, it just makes me happy, so I thought I'd share it. As Charlie Chaplin so truthfully said, "A day without laughter is a day wasted."

Long live Nutella!