Below The Belt- Chapter 7

AN: Haven't had time to edit, will do that tomorrow.

*************

Scurrying up behind Ryan, I took in a deep puff of air. Large raindrops were pelting down my face, making me groan with dread. I was getting soaked through, and that meant questions for when I got back home to Auntie’s.

"Hurry up," I yelled at Ryan, the back of his coat beginning to become saturated, slick and shiny.

Ryan glanced back over his shoulder with a grin, his body stopping all of a sudden in the middle of the pavement so that I practically ran into him.

"What!" I cried in panic, my nose meshing into the hardness of his stomach. "Why did you do that?" I groaned, bringing my hand up to my nose which was faintly throbbing. 

"So that I could do this," he said with a cheeky grin, his hands coming to my waist until he had a firm grip around my body. 

Confused, I let him trail my body to his like a rag doll, all my focus absorbed on the large drop of water that was about to trail off his chin. They were like little water crystals.

Feeling my body being squeezed, my legs lifted up and around his waist until my arms were around his neck and his hands were gripping at my thighs.

It was then that I gained back my thoughts and I quickly frowned at him. "Why did you pick me up? I can walk you know. Besides, I'm not sure if I like your hands on my butt."

"You like it and you know it," he said, smirking at me, not ashamed in the slightest. 

"That still doesn't answer the question of why you picked me up." I then proceeded to take my hands away from his neck so that the only thing that was supporting me above ground was his hands under my thighs. 

"Because I felt like it," he replied in a gruff tone, his eyes trailing over my face and I swear I could feel his hands move up slightly under my thighs.

"Urgh Ryan, put me down," I grumbled, pushing at his chest so that he lost balance slightly and loosened his grip.

Weaving my way out of his grip I let my legs plonk back down on the ground, letting one hand support myself on Ryan's arm so that I didn't topple.

"We don't even know each other Ryan; you can't just pick someone up like that," I scolded, brushing off my arm.

"I thought it would be faster this way if I gave you a piggy back," he told me earnestly, though I knew that he was anything but innocent. The small glint in his eye was a total contradiction to the sincere look on his face.

I glared at him dubiously, “I’m on your back for a piggy back, not the front.”

To that Ryan just shrugged, obviously not perturbed by my accusation.

I was feeling really confused by that point, with a little anger thrown in too. Why was he being nice to me? What did I posses that everyone else didn’t? I really couldn’t comprehend why Ryan had decided to turn his attention to me and not someone better looking. Surely I wasn’t interesting or even worthy of having attention? Besides, he was supposed to be quiet. Not picking me up after knowing each other for two days. This was the guy who beats up people for fun, yet here he is, smiling at me and making me feel wanted for a change. That was the thing that was making me feel angry. What right did he have to interrupt in my life? Even though I was fed up of being a misery, I knew I wasn’t ready to take a step. I didn’t deserve to move on.

“Look, sorry about being blunt, but I don’t think I can do this." I trailed off, looking frantically along the coastline. "Take me home Ryan.”