3Ω₸ḥἶⱤᶁ

Lunch came around, and Lana found herself growing tired of carrying the hoodie, so instead she pulled it over her head, which ended in her head coming out the sleeve, and her arm out the other end. Jake kept himself from laughing through great effort and helped her put it on the right way.

It hung off her body like a giant pillow sack, and she loved it. While she would be in the XS department, the hoodie was in the XL and it surrounded her in warmth and that delicious cologne that had her snuggling her nose into the sleeves.

"Thanks Jake." She mumbled as she sat at the table, putting her chin in her hand as he set down her plate.

Jake knew Lana's laziness was a bit too extreme. Her never ending search for sleep kept her from eating most of the time. Whenever she felt hungry she'd be asleep and wouldn't notice it until it went away. So as Lana's best friend and near sibling, he took care of her, knowing how lost she'd be without someone to guide her.

"You'd make the perfect wife." She mumbled, her voice straining over the chatter of the cafeteria, which seemed to be louder than usual today. Jake froze, fork in the air as his face fell and his manly pride shattered. He dropped his head and shot Lana a forced smile, knowing she meant no harm out of the comment.

"Thanks, Lana." He took a breath and continued eating lunch. Lana on the other hand just picked and prodded at the food. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"I don't like the school lunches." She said pushing away the black colored pea. Her stomach grumbled and she slowly set her hand over her flat stomach almost whimpering at the idea she'd have to eat the lunch. Slowly she brought the food to her mouth. "It tastes like cat." She grumbled, setting Jake into laughter.

"How do you know what cat tastes like?" He asked with genuine curiosity.

"Once I was sleeping on the balcony. My mouth was wide open cause you know I'm a drueler, and a stray cat ended up walking all over my face." She told him with such a straight face he nearly fell off his chair.

It was moments like this that he appreciated her friendship. Her dependent nature and his inability to not help people set their relationship long ago, and since then that was how they worked. Lana would try and fail because she was so listless, and Jake would be there to help her. And that was how it'd been, but for some reason, he felt this year would be different.