P R O L O G U E

THE FIRST TIME Steve Harrington had asked Alycia Ross on a date she responded with a simple yet straightforward answer of "No fucking way." 

   Steve was many things, but to Alycia Ross, Steve wasn't her type. Although he had been shot down where he stood, Steve Harrington was not a quitter, and he sure as hell wasn't giving up on this girl. He was determined to make Alycia his and Alycia was aware of this, but Alycia had her morals. She knew of Steve's ways and she knew she didn't want to be labeled as a slut - because she certainly wasn't one.

   At Hawkins High School, you were either or a cool kid, or you weren't, there wasn't much to it. Alycia had always thought of herself as not being a cool kid, and she was okay with that, but when she came into school her Sophomore year being glasses free, no longer a brace face, and now wearing a bra size of 32D, it didn't take long for Alycia's name to become instantly more well known. 

   Now a Junior, Alycia had gotten used to all her new found popularity. Girls either glared at her in the hallway or came up and pretended like they had been best friends with her all their lives and guys - who weren't her friend Jonathan - actually came up and talked to her (while probably staring at her chest). 

   Alycia's appearance may have changed, but she certainly hadn't. She was still the same girl that would rather read a book than go to a party. She was still the same girl that loved 60's Indie records and not boy bands. She was still the same girl that wasn't afraid to be called a teachers pet because she raised her hand a lot in class and always answered questions. She was still the same girl that sometimes played Dungeons and Dragons with her friend Nancy's little brother Mike and his friends. She was still the same girl who was best friends with Jonathan Byers, the outcast of the school.

   She was still the same girl. 

   Steve had been aware of this when he asked Alycia out. He knew she wasn't going to be easy like the other girls had been. Heck, Alycia was going to be a fucking challenge. But Steve wasn't giving up, he was determined to make Alycia his.

   But little did he know, Jonathan Byers, was determined to make Alycia his too. And he certainly wasn't going to give up either.

  — 

lmao it's past midnight and i probably should be sleeping but here i am writing a shitty ass prologue that i'm probably gonna edit in the morning. lololol enjoy fam

 word count | 457 words