T W O

THAT NIGHT, WILL BYERS HAD VANISHED.

   Alycia was unaware of this, she figured he just rode his bike home after he turned down her offer to get a ride home. When she showed up to the Byers that morning to give Jonathan and will a ride to school (so they didn't have to use up all the gas in Jonathan's car), Joyce was in a slight frantic mood and Alycia was clueless as to why. Oh shit, Alycia had thought, maybe she found out about Jonathan working while she was working again.

   Furrowing her eyebrows, Alycia pursed her lips as she strode up to Jonathan whispering, "What's going on?" she started, looking around the kitchen.  "Where's Will?" 

   The Other Byers boy looked over at Alycia, watching panic strike her eyes as well. "He didn't come home last night." he explained in a hushed whisper back. "My mom is talking with Mrs. Wheeler on the phone to see if he slept over or something."

   Alycia shook her head. "No, he definitely didn't sleep over at the Wheeler's." she replied back, remembering back to last night as she watched him and Dustin leave and head down the street on their bikes. 

   "The Sinclair's?" Jonathan suggested, raising an eyebrow slightly. Alycia shook her head softly. It was possible that he could've crashed at Dustin's, but it was highly unlikely. Will was a good kid and it didn't want his Mom or brother to worry about him, so he probably would've said something to Alycia about it considering she's practically like family. Alycia watched as Joyce hung up the phone, looking at the two with panic still hitting her eyes. Calling the Wheeler's had given them no luck. 

   "Don't worry," Alycia started, trying to give some hope to Joyce. "I'm sure he just left early for school or something. Last night I heard all the boys talking about some pop quiz that some teacher might give." 

   Joyce nodded slowly, but Alycia could tell in her eyes that Joyce knew the idea was a long shot--she knew her son. She sighed before rubbing her temple. "I'm sure you're right Alycia," Joyce lied. "But just to be sure I'm going to go to Chief Hopper. You two should get to school." 

    Alycia nodded, going to Chief Hopper was the right thing to do. This was so unlike Will, Alycia prayed that something wasn't seriously wrong. As she looked over at Jonathan, she knew immediately that the thought of even going to school hadn't even surpassed his mind. She furrowed her brow softly.

    "I'm not going to school Alycia," Jonathan stated. "I have to help my mom look for Will."

    Alycia nodded, she understood. If Lori was missing Alycia would do anything to find her. "Tell you what, I'll drive over to the middle school to see if Will is over there. Then, I'll go to Chemistry just because you don't want to miss a day of Kaminsky's class. . ." Alycia trailed off. "And then I'll ditch the rest of the day to help you look for him."

    Jonathan shook his head, licking his lips softly as he furrowed his eyebrows. "Alycia no, you don't have to do that." 

    "Not helping isn't even an option," Alycia spat quickly. She knew that Jonathan knew school was important to her, but it wasn't as nearly as important to her as him or Joyce. "If Lori had gone missing, you would've dropped everything to help me find her. It's what best friends do, they're there for each other."

    Jonathan nodded. He knew not to argue with Alycia because she was right, Jonathan would do anything to help if her sister had gone missing. He would've dropped everything in a heartbeat. It was what best friends did for each other--Jonathan wasn't thinking twice about it.

    He took a deep breath before slowly replying, "Okay, sounds like a plan."

  —