Chapter 1: New beginnings

Disclaimer: No Copyright infringement intended. I do not own any of the characters in the story and none of the character art used as media aside from the Female Protagonist and any other extras that will be mentioned throughout the Fan Fiction, Some parts of the story belong to the Game, but the plot belong to me drawing from my own creation and some historical references from the ACTUAL Genpei War that took place in 1180-1185 in Japan. A war between the Minamoto clan and Taira clan over the Japanese Imperial throne.

NEW BEGINNINGS
_____________________________________

Tick. Tok. Tick. Tok.

She lay there, staring at the ceiling, listening to the ticking of the clock.

It was a lazy Monday morning and she had no class.

tick. tok. tick. tok.

It was half past 10 in the morning and she still had not got up from bed. Had not taken a bath, had not eaten, and had not begun her report due in 2 days. . .why? she was heartbroken, angry, feeling lazy and just did not want to walk out into the world that seemed to not like her at all.

"Go to hell."

She muttered as she gritted her teeth, her eyes welling up with tears.

"I'll show him!" she yelled, suddenly tumbling out of bed and stomping to the bathroom.

"I'll show them all!" furiously twisting the faucet and stripping off her clothes stepping into the shower.

"I don't need him!" squeezing the shampoo bottle into her palm that would have suffocated if it had a life to begin with.

" I can make it without him!" Furiously scrubbing her body with a bathing brush and body wash, but she just scrubbed too hard.

"Ow!" she yelled. The noise echoing into the empty apartment, fortunately, nobody but the walls could hear her.

20 minutes later. She was in the kitchen. Sitting in front of her dining table that had only two chairs facing each other in the small kitchen, where she and her boyfriend would cook breakfast together after they made love in the morning. But that was in the past now. The mere thought of it made her frown and feel miserable.

She stared at the empty chair across from her clenching a spoon in her right hand.

A tear fell on the wooden table, an inch away from falling into her bowl of untouched cereal.

She began to cry. . . Then started to eat. Taking spoonfuls of her cereal in between sobs. Thinking how much more delicious this would be if He were with her in the same room cracking jokes across the table.

She finished. Washed the dishes. Returned to her dresser and started to get ready to leave for the day. She was determined today to start writing her report.

Emily dressed in her favorite black tank and blue denim shorts she usually wore on sunny days.

Emily rummaged through her closet and wore her Leather sandals, She finished off by tying her hair in a high bun.

She made up her face. And packed her bag.

Emily walked out of the apartment, locked the door behind her, down the hall into the elevator with her cellphone in hand. Inside, she punched the ground floor button with the knuckle of her finger.

ding. . . ding. . .ding. . .

Emily lived on the 6th floor and counted the ring of the elevator as she leaned against the wall of the elevator with closed eyes, reminiscent of the countless times he would whisper sweet nothings in her ear on the way up.

Hearing the 5th bell she opened her eyes and took a deep breath. But then she noticed a flyer stuck onto the wall of the elevator.

" Madame Piris . . . Fortune teller . . . 'Enlighten yourself and receive guidance from the master of mystery' " . . . She read the flyer aloud.

"Sounds like a load of bullsh*t. . ." she muttered as she crossed her arms in front of her in a stubborn manner. But then thoughtfully glanced at the flyer again.

Ding!

The doors opened and she was still staring at the flyer.

"1st floor, J.M. Lewis building, Maple street . . . -Hey! that's just a couple blocks away!!"

"Aren't you getting out miss?"

Emily, surprised was looking at the man standing in front of the elevator with a Delivery Box

"My bad" she quickly exited the elevator and walked out of the building into the blinding early noon Sunlight and said to herself with a smile on her face.

"No more procrastinating. Today is a new adventure"

...