Chapter 1 - You Are Joking Right

I scowl with frustration as I watched my bronzer break into a thousand pieces on the floor.  "Shit," I murmured to myself as I tried to clean it.  I stood up from the bathroom floor, and looked at myself in the mirror.

 I just woke up and looked as pale as a ghost.

The sink was covered with make up, and soap from bath& body works. I picked up some red lipstick to give my skin some colour, winged eyeliner and put on some mascara.

 The girl in front of me still looked like a ghost. An empty shelf, with nothing in it.

 It took me seconds to realize that it was 'one of these days'

My hair and my face just didn't want me to look good. So I gave up. I put my hair up in a high ponytail, and tied it with a red ribbon.

 I rolled my eyes in exasperation and gaze at the pale, brown haired girl with brown eyes too big for her face. I sighed as I walked out the bathroom into my room and got to the closet. I picked up a pair of leather skinny jeans, and a white blouse, black high heels with a red soles.

 I walked down the stairs to find Drake on the couch wasted as always. And Chris on the phone, busy as ever.

 "Yeah, Can...No?" I heard him say, as I walked to the kitchen.

 I sat close to him to catch up to what he was saying.

 "Why? Did he even take care of Miller?" He asked in a business tone.

 He isn't an emotional type of guy, but he is smart.

 As I sat in front of him I looked at his features, His blond messy hair, perfect jaw line, grey eyes that you can get lost in.

 And he was wearing a white blouse with a few buttons open, dark blue jeans and Jordan's.

 He was very attractive. Wait what am I saying he is sexy as hell.

 "Good," He said as he finally noticed my presence.

 "I have to go now Jack," He said as he put the phone down and walked over to me.

 "And how did you sleep?" He asked while he brushed my hair to the side.

 "Who was that on the phone?" I asked looking at him.

 "Hmm, did you eat?" He added ignoring my question, while he looked at me more sternly this time.

 "You didn't answer me?"

 "You didn't either,"

 I sighed and looked at him.

 "Well you haven't changed through these years have you Jane?" He pulled me closer and put his head on my shoulder, as he continued stroking my hair.

 "It was Jack, you know the Drake's partner, who is laying here wasted as always. I wanted to make sure they took care of Miller last night... And they did." He looked up at me again as I smiled at him for telling me.

 He is a closed person his youth wasn't... normal to put it. And he never lets out a lot.

 "Now answer me, have you eaten?" I looked at him and shook my head.

 He sighed as he walked into the kitchen.

 "Sit," he commanded. So I obeyed. He walked to the fridge and started making some food for me.

 I looked around the apartment. It was small, modern, alot of natural brown and white colours.

 I remember the first time I got here. I hate to think about those memories.

 The past isn't something I talk about or even think about.

 Let's just say I'm glad I'd found my people and they helped me with everything.

 Christian or 'Chris' and Drake are Drug dealers.

 They don't just deal, they sell, buy, kill and all that kind of shit.

 Chris handles the business and keeps up with his customers the ones that don't pay us or betray us get to deal with Drake and Jack his partner.

 Then there is me Jane, I get the information. 

 I am a girl and all I have to do is play dumb and get the information out of them.

 As soon as I get the information Chris wants, he handles it further. What he does exactly I don't know. He's a control freak but he saved my live so I'd do anything to save his.

 "Here," he said while he hands me a plate with eggs and bacon.

 "Won't you join me?" I asked as I patted on the chair next to me.

 He rolled his eyes as he sat next to me. Watching me by every move.

 "So I have a favour to ask you?" He asked.

 "And what may that be Chris?" I said while giving him a smirk.

 "I had a deal with Ralph Harvey but I haven't heard from him in a while rumour says he's working with someone else." He sighed as he continued.

 "I want you to go to a guy that's supposed to be very close with Harvey, and try to find some information about him." I looked at him " Who is it?" I asked.

 "I made a appointment with him... He's a busy guy. But I'm sure he won't mind to see a beautiful young girl appear in front of him instead of me." He said while a smirk crept on his face.

 "Who is it?" I repeated.

 "Jason McCann."