Worn

I told you I was not apparel, something you could take off with the slightest ease.
You decided to wear me as a boot.
Crushing me with every step you took.

I told you my life was not fiction something for you to read at your own pleasure or want.
You threw me on to your shelf next to your other dusty well worn heartbreaks.

I told you my tears were of true feeling and the ache and the heart wrenching indignity I felt from you were true to.
You collected my tears and constructed a snow globe out of them. Something for you to toy with during your extreme tendencies of boredom.

I told you I was broke before, that my paint was chipping, that I am like a china doll, every flaw seen on display.
You decided that chipped paint wasn't good enough, that each crack you made, each chip of paint you scraped off  wouldn't cause anything I mean I was already broken right?

I told you I was done. It was too much life was suffocating me, I was drowning in a sea of despair. I was being pulled in by a rip tide.
You sat on the beach watching the sea take me in because I was "over dramatic" and a "drama queen" and you belived I would make it back on to that coarse beach with open arms running towards you.

You.Were.Wrong.