Part 2

Then his voice echoed, and suddenly I wasn't lying in his arms anymore. I was standing behind him. Crying.

"Eliza?" I heard him whisper.

I walked up closer. I could see my eyes. Cold and dead staring up at the sky.

"Eliza wake up." He muttered.

"Wake up. You have to wake up, they're here, you'll be fine. You're not gone. You can't be. We're supposed to have our forever." He choked out.

I felt tears falling down my face even now. I knelt down beside him putting my hand on his shoulder which surprisingly didn't go through. I rubbed small circles, unknowing if he could feel it or not.

"I will always be with you," I whispered to him. And then finally. For the last time.

"I love you." I traced my fingers on his face for a moment and left a kiss on his cheek knowing it probably felt like a gust of cool air going past him. He looked up and back.

He looked straight at me.

Or should I say straight through me.

I watched him pull my limp body closer and nuzzle his face into my neck.

I heard him muttering.

"You can't be gone. You're still here. This isn't real it's a nightmare. A real and cruel nightmare. I'll wake up next to you, sleeping peacefully beside me. Nothing wrong with you at all."

Sadly that couldn't be further from the truth. But it broke me. I finally fell to my knees and cried. I was dead. I could never tell him I loved him anymore. No more goodnight kisses. No more pillow fights. No more after mission showers where we just stood together, just helping wash each other off. No more stargazing on the tower roof. No more stealing his shirts and hoodies. No more teasing each other. No more relationship.

I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I looked up and then behind me and saw Pietro.

I looked at him and then glanced over to see his body with multiple bullet holes in it.

"You are not alone. I am gone too." He said. We were alone. Together, dead. But no longer with our loved ones. Where we wished, we could be.

I quickly stood and looked at him. Him towering over me and seeming almost solid but when you moved you could see the transparency.

"I don't like being gone," I said.

"Neither do I." He responded.

Pietro and I watched as Steve carried me to the Heli-carrier. And then we watched as they took him and laid him down on there as well.

We watched with sadness in our eyes. Steve was still holding my body in his arms. It was like he thought I would suddenly just start breathing and moving again. But I wouldn't. Because I was gone for good. And nothing was ever changing that.

Pietro and I exchanged sad glances as we watched the new few scenes unfold. Wanda stood beside Pietro's body and looked down at it tears forming in her eyes. She knelt down and shut his eyes. She sat in the seat his body was in front of. He put her face in her hand. She looked devastated. And that's when Pietro broke our silence.

"I can feel it." He whispered.

"Her grief, her anger, everything." He murmured, his eyes locked on his sister he had just teased about being 12 minutes older just minutes ago.

I looked at Steve who was once again still holding me in his arms. He brought my hand up to his face even if it was cold and unmoving. Natasha stopped in front of him and put a hand on his shoulder, said a few words, and then shut my eyes. I looked like I was sleeping.