Part 3

We had a small reunion; it wasn't very big because they needed their leader.

They told me what had happened, and they sent me on my way.

When I got to the place that he was supposedly staying, I entered cautiously.

After a few seconds, I was slammed against a wall with a hand at my throat and a gun at my chest. I struggled for air as I gasped out pleas of freedom.

"Steve-" I gasped, "it's me-Eliza." I stuttered out.

I felt his grip on my neck loosen but not let go altogether, and the position of the gun at my chest moved slightly.

I used my hands to claw at the one around my neck. I finally loosed his grip, and he pulled his hand away.

I put my hand up to my neck quickly touching it softly.

Then I heard him cock the gun and keep it aimed at me.

"Who the hell are you?" He asked anger laced through his voice and his words.

"It's me, Eliza, Steve; it's me. It's me." I looked at him desperately hoping he'd believe me.

"Don't lie to me." He hissed. I could see his face lit up by the moonlight. He was bruised and cut; he liked angry and upset. He had stubble starting to grow. I saw his eyes and they said it all, broken, sad, angry, and so much more.

"Please Steve, it's me, Eliza-"

"Don't lie!" He pinned me against the wall.

"What are you! Do you work for S.H.I.E.L.D? HYDRA? Loki? Who?!" He sounded more and more upset as he spoke.

"I don't work for anyone! It's me, Eli-"

"Stop saying you're Eliza! She's dead! She's gone! Just like she has been for six years!" He yelled. I think he just wanted to believe that this was all just a cruel nightmare.

"Please, Steve. It's me. Eliza. You have to believe me. Please." I kept pleading.

"No. She's dead. You may look like her, but you aren't her. She died. This is a cruel joke." He said somewhat toning down his voice from what it was.

"Steve, when I died I stood behind you and watched you. I saw myself, dead and in your arms with a dead stare into the sky. I knelt down next to you and rubbed small circles on your shoulder and whispered that I would always be with you and that I loved you." I looked at him desperately, waiting for him to show any sign of acknowledgment that I was telling the truth.

I saw him falter when I finished saying that. He believed me. I could see him falling out of his stance. I could see him breaking down the way he did when I died.

I hesitantly put my hand to his face, and my eyes met his. There was silence for a moment; that is until he broke down.

In an instant, I was being pulled into his warm embrace. He held me tight to him like if he let go, then I'd disappear.

He cried into my hair and kept muttering.

"You're here; you're alive. My dear Elizabeth you are truly alive and here."

He held me close to him face nuzzled into my neck and one hand at the back of my head holding me closer and the other at my waist. I felt the stubble on his neck brush my skin, and it tickled.

For a moment, he pulled himself away from my neck and leaned his forehead against mine. He still held me close, but our faces were closer, and he looked like he was hesitating.

He slowly kisses me and tugs on my hair slightly. I kiss back and pull myself into him as much as I can. The kiss quickly turned into something more, and he pinned me against the wall. He pulled away and started kissing my neck.