Part 4

The following night, Steve took me out.

We were walking down one of the sidewalks in central park.

Suddenly, he pointed something out to me, and I turned around and looked. When I looked back towards him, he was on one knee. I almost started speaking, but he beat me to the next word spoken.

"Eliza, to say we have been through a lot is an understatement. We have fought side by side for so long that I would never have thought one day I would be holding you in any arms telling you not to die. I never thought I would be showering with you six years later either, far after we had declared you dead. But let's back up, when we met, I was still in love with a woman I could never have. And when I met you, and you showed me how to be happy again, truly happy. And I loved you for that. I loved you for guiding me back onto my path if I ever strayed from it. When I got down and thought things were hopeless, you picked me back up and told me things weren't hopeless. Or if I were tired of fighting, you'd motivate me again and tell me I could do it and that I was stronger than I thought. But all I know is that through all of that I was completely and utterly in love with you, and when you died, it crushed me. I kept you in my arms hoping you would wake up; I kept telling myself that you weren't and that you'd start breathing again. And that you'd be awake and everything would be fine. But you didn't. Thor had to take you from me because I didn't want to let go. I didn't want to believe that my girl was gone. I'm sure if Thor hadn't taken you from me that I wouldn't have let go, or at least wouldn't loosen my grip until I was asleep next. Which wasn't until almost a day later. I kept wishing and hoping that you were alive somehow, that you, despite having died in my arms, really didn't die and that you magically lived somehow. But then you didn't wake, and you didn't magically live. I spent the next five years trying to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but I couldn't. I couldn't even get drunk. Not even close. But then the next mission I got assigned I completed and didn't go back. I didn't want to. Everything was a constant reminder of you. So I ran. I hid, and I ran as fast as I could to get away from it all. But it somehow all came running after me and caught up. When I saw you for the first time, two days ago, after six years of believing you were dead, I wanted to believe that it was you when you stepped through the door, but I knew it probably wasn't. I thought that it was a trick, or even my mind playing tricks on me. But then it wasn't. It was you, alive and well after all these years. When I finally let myself believe that it truly was you, I was so unbelievably happy you have no idea. Because my love was alive, she had died yes, but she came back, and I didn't even care how. All that was important to me was that she was alive, and I could finally call out to her, and she would respond."

He took a moment and pulled a small velvet box out of his pocket and opens it. I put my hand up to my face and slowly start to nod. He continued to speak.

"Eliza, I can't even begin to explain how much I love you. When I think about losing you again, my heart aches. Eliza, you are my sun, my moon, and my stars, you shine brighter in the world than anyone else, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Because Eliza, I love you more than anything, and I would just die if I lost you again. And I know that this may have run over my time limit for this speech, but Eliza, would you do the honor of marrying me?" He looked at me with hope and sincerity in his eyes.

I was crying after his speech. I opened my mouth to speak, but for a moment no words came out.

"Yes. Of course. I would love to marry you, Steven Grant." I smiled as he stood and slipped the ring on my finger and kissed me.

After he had slid it on, his hands slipped though my hair as he pushed me closer to him.

I slung my arms around his neck and kissed back.

We stood for a moment, kissing on a sidewalk in Central Park, not a care in the world.

Not caring if anyone saw us. Not caring if people walked by and stared. All we cared about was that we were with each other and that we were happy. After the moment had ended, he slipped his hand laced in mine, and we walked back to the Avengers Tower.

We got married the next year, went to Paris for the honeymoon. It was fantastic. In many more aspects than one.

When we got back to New York, we started looking for a house, a place to live. And ironically, we found a house, with a white picket fence, perfect for a family, since that was soon what we were going to be.

And in the end, all was well.

A/N: Okay well here is the final edit I hope you like it and I hope I made all the changes I needed to. Thank you for reading! All the love. Xx.