Egg protector

Spark slowly opened the door to Blanche's lab, hoping he was right in thinking she wouldn't be there.
Normally he'd try and avoid the place, but he knew there was an egg that needed hatching. And if Blanche wasn't willing to do it then he'd make sure the little guy hatched as soon as possible!

"There you are little guy! Don't worry, you'll discover the world soon enough!" Spark carefully picked it up, turning to move out but knocking over some expensive-looking equipment that made a huge noise as it fell to the ground. Panicking, Spark froze, hoping he wouldn't hear those footsteps coming down the corridor...

Blanche was making her way back from her lunch brake when she heard a loud smash echoing through the corridor.

"Oh dear .." She said to her self as she ran towards the sound and realised it came from her lab. Peeking around the corner she saw that the lab door was open and saw a green solution make its was out onto the corridor. She made her way carefully towards the room then kicked the door open to confront the intruder.

Spark's panic kicked up a notch as he heard those dreaded footsteps. Knowing he couldn't leave, but also refusing to leave the egg he was hugging tightly, he quickly crouched and hid under the desk, hoping he wouldn't be seen..

... Which didn't work out too well, as the surprise of Blanche kicking the door open caused Spark to jump, banging his head into the desk and yelling out in pain.

"Aaahhh damn tha--" He cut himself off, knowing he was done for now.

Blanche walked in carefully trying not to stand on any shards looking confused that the room seemed empty.

"I swear I heard something .." She mumbled walking around the room looking in the cupboards and coat rack to make sure no one was hiding but found nothing. Until she turned to check on the egg she'd been researching into and found it missing.

"Ah I wonder who could have taken my egg" she sang moving towards her desk knowing that someone would most likely be under it .

Spark held the egg close to his chest, thinking it would comfort the little Pokemon inside like the egg was was doing for him as he waited for the inevitable, with hundreds of excuses going through his mind, before one finally seemed plausible!

"Blanche?! Is that you? Oh thanks for turning up! Someone was trying to like, steal stuff and I panicked so I grabbed the egg and hid under the desk cause it's so important and I wasn't gonna let anything happen to it..." spark continued spouting out all of this gibberish in the hopes of getting away with what he'd done.

Blanche listened to his exuse and it sounded like he had given it some thought but she wasn't mad she knew that he had no ill intentions so she played along.

" oh you saved the egg that was good of you spark , it seems they didn't getaway with anything important. Thank you" she gave him a soft smile before patting the egg gently.