Chapter One

Maddy's POV

Everyone always portrays moving schools as this horrible event in a teenager's life but for me, it was the best thing that ever could have happened. My name is Maddison but everyone calls me Maddy. I moved to Spring Water high in year 8 with my twin sister Baylee after yet another one of my mother's rocky divorces. I don't know what made her think husband number 5 was going to work out better than number 4 but she always taught us to never give up on love.

With my mother's well, 'healthy love' life as she likes to call it, we were always moving schools. Baylee and I always found it hard to keep friendships but at Spring Water it all changed. We have been here for three years now, the longest time we have ever stayed in the same place, at the same school, with the same friends. Mari, Courtney and Baylee are the three best friends anyone could every want. We all rarely spend a day apart from each other, except when Mari is all over her new boyfriend Anthony. Ian is my best friend. He and I share everything, with the exception that we can never tell a soul each other's secrets. Each day Ian and I walk home from school talking about our future goals, Ian always tells me how he and Anthony have this grand plan of starting a YouTube channel, I always roll my eyes and smirk at the thought. At around 4pm we always head back over to his house to watch his dad work on his graphic designs that were amazing. Everyone just assumes that Ian and I will end up together which makes us both laugh, considering Ian has been in love with Baylee since like year 8 and I well, I am head over, totally obsessed with, David Moss. David is one of my closest friends; we spent every Sunday of the summer break lying in the middle of his lounge room floor, on our DS playing the new Pokémon game until we had finished it. I love everything about him, my heart flutters every time anyone says his name, but he has no idea. Ian and Baylee are the only two that know. Of course there's the others in the group, Noah and Olivia who are never apart, keith, Shayne and Fitz, Matt and Wes and Josh... the biggest slime ball you'll ever meet. Summer is over and the start of year 11 is upon us and tomorrow is the first day!

Ian's POV

Beep beep beep. I roll over and slide the alarm on my phone across the screen. 6:30am this has to be a crime. I pick up my phone and call Maddy.

"Hey Hecox" Maddy answers her phone and says, she sounds exhausted

"Maddz you sound terrible" I laugh as I pay her out

"Well good morning to you too" she says with sass in her voice "what's up?"

"I was just wondering if you and Bay needed a lift to school today." I questioned even though I already knew the answer. I have been giving the two of them a lift for the past 3 years. My dad would always take the three of us to the tram stop.

She paused for a few seconds "I dunno Ian" she started to chuckle "Yeah of course man" she finally said

"Alright I'll be there at 7, BYEEEEEEE" I said just before hanging up the call.

I put my phone down on my bed and get ready for the day ahead. I have a shower, get dressed and back my bag and before I know it, it's time to go pick up the girls for the first day