•20 Years Old•

When Jenny was twenty, she was finally my age.

She was also getting ready for college. Which felt undeniably odd, in my opinion, because it seemed like it was just yesterday that she had her eighteenth birthday.

I remember her lying down with me on the couch of her living room, alone because her parents were out.

Our fingers were interlocked, the only sound being our steady breathing, as I stared at the whitewashed ceiling above us.

"Luke?" she said, in a voice that sounded to it's absolute peak of reluctance. My eyes fluttered over and I looked down at her face, smiling gently.

"Yes?"

"Will you come with me to college?" she asked, tracing her finger across my chest.

"Do you want me to?" I murmured against her hair, my heart thumping as she bit her lip.

"Please?"

She sounded so hopeful, and so optimistic, that I found myself agreeing to her request a million times over.

I also found myself helping her pack her bags, and sitting in the passenger's side of her car with the music to it's loudest setting as she drove away from home the very next week.

I stayed with her that first night in her dorm. And I found myself falling in love with everything that she was; innocent, optimistic, full of love, and willing to accept change.