c h a p t e r f o u r

I Think I Got You Beat
______

"Come on little dude I know you had a busy night but we have work to do." Morgan said knocking on Reids door.

"Nothing happened." Reid said opening the door." Reid had fell asleep on the couch and gave Laura the bed, he was still dressed in his pajamas when he answered the door.

"You came in with a very pretty girl, and your telling me nothing happened." Morgan said not believing him.

"It was Laura."

"Hotch's niece?"

"Yes. Bot nothing happened." Reid shut the door and stepped out into the hall way with Morgan. "She saw then unsub, Laura is the next target."

"What?"

"She said she heard something weird and she went and hid in her dressing room closet she looked through the key hole and saw that the unsub was a woman, and she left Laura a note on her mirror saying she was next. Laura was scared to go back to her place so I let her stay with me."

"We need to get Laura down to the station now, the rest of the team needs to hear this." Morgan said the started to walk off.

"Wait Morgan," Reid called out and Morgan turned back around, "do you think Hotch will kill me? You know for spending an entire night in a hotel room with his niece, I don't want him thinking we did something." Reid said quietly.

"I can't help you with that one pretty boy." Morgan chuckled then walked off.

"Good morning Reid." Laura said walking out of the bed room.

"Um good morning Laura." Reid said nervously.

"I would have slept on the couch, this is your room." Laura said smoothing out her dress. She slept in her costume because she had nothing else to wear.

"No, I mean what if the unsub followed you here if you were on the couch and I was in the bed the probability of me making it to you before she could hurt you would be low." Reid said, the air was still.

"Do you think she is ... following me?" Laura asked nervously tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. Reid waited a moment before he spoke.

"No." He said liying.

"Spencer, please don't lie to me." Laura said walking closer to him.

"Laura this team is here to keep you safe and nobody is going to hurt you. I promise." Reid said then gave her a smile.

"I'm scared Spencer." Laura said hugging him. Reid was shocked he didn't know what to do. He rubbed her back cautiously.

"Don't be, your safe, with us.." Reid took a deep breath, "your safe with me."

"Thank you." Laura said stepping away from him. "I'm sorry I don't know what came over me."

Reid cleared his throat then said, "I think we should be heading down stairs, there will be alot of questionable looks, and alot of explaining."

"Why... oh, oh my God Reid I'm so sorry."

"No its fine, why don't you head down stairs I'll be down in a bit, kind of need to change."

"Okay, I'll see you later." Laura said then walked to the door and headed out. Laura looked down the hall way before she walked out. She was hesitant to be on her own. She made her way to the elevator, every little sound made her jump.

"Laura?" A voice called, which practically made her jump out of her skin. She turned around to see who it was.

"Uncle Hotch." She said relived.

"What are you doing here?" He asked once he cought up to her.

"Well its a rather long story and I know I'm going to tell it a billion times today but,-" She was stopped by the sound of a door shutting. Reid. Hotch looked back and forth between Reid and Laura.

"I see." Hotch said starting to walk away.

"It's not what you think." Laura called out to her uncle.

"Truly sir, nothing happened I swear." Reid said trying to help.

"Reid I would have never thought of you to do something like this. And if it's not what I think you better have a damn good explanation." Hotch said turning around and walking over to Reid and Laura.

"The unsub is targeting Laura."

______

"Well clearly she is not scared to be seen." Prentiss said as she sat down.

"Or maybe she blends in, Laura who all is involved in a show but not seen?" Reid asked Laura.

"Um well you have the Tech Crew, witch is made up of lighting and sound engineers, um you have your stage managers, and just lots more people." Laura explained.

"What do they usually wear?" Rossi asked.

"Black." Laura replied.

"I want back ground checks done on all the tech crew at your theater." Hotch ordered.

"But wait, the unsub is a woman, all of our tech crew is made of of men." Laura said stopping everyone before they split up.

"So she dressed like that so she would go un noticed." Morgan said walking back into the room. "I can't figure out her reason for targeting these girls."

The room was silent as everyone tried to come up with a reason. But nobody could come up with something.

"Laura how big are those roles?" Reid spoke up startling everyone.

"Well they are all iconic roles on Broadway, is that what you mean?" Laura answer sorta confused.

"How many people are at your auditions?" Reid asked.

"Well, usually not a lot, just the company, we do open auditions to the public in hopes we would find some one new to add in." Laura said still not seeing where Reid was going with this.

"When you audition for you part did they have call backs?" Reid asked, you could see the wheels turning in everyone's head.

"Yea it was down to three girls, me, Angelica Dawn, and some random girl I didn't know."

"That's our unsub." Reid said triumphantly. "We need to get the call back lists from each show, I think her name will be found on each list."

"She kills these girls because she believes that they took the part away from her." Prentiss said.

"Morgan and Rossi, I want you to go to the first victims theater and get the call back list for her part. Prentiss and I will go to the second victims theater and get the call back list. We shouldn't need the other two, because if her name shows up on these then they will show up on those. Reid I want you to take Laura to her theater and try to get there call back list. JJ, you stay here well will send you pictures of the lists, find the common name then call Garcia and her her to find everything on her, then we will meet back up here and try to find this girl. Everyone out." Hotch finished and everyone sepreated.