Ch.2-"You weren't kidding about the sarcasm."

Once they make it back to S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters Nicole is escorted into one of their interrogation rooms. She passes two people, one of them being Captain America. Nicole looks at Natasha with confusion and Natasha shakes her head saying she'll tell her later.

"Who's that?" Steve asks the guy standing next to him, referring to Nicole.

"She's one of ours, she was surrounded and taken from her last mission. Fury got a call from her earlier today, the hand cuffs and holding room are just a precaution, making sure they didn't warp her mind." He explains.

"I can hear you!" Nicole calls back to them, and both their eyes go wide and Nicole smirks. Soon she's in the room and the cuffs are removed and she's sitting there, waiting. Someone finally enters the room, and she immediately recognizes his blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Nicole, I'm-" He starts, but Nicole stops him.

"Steve Rogers, also known as Captain America. I know who you are." Nicole tells him, looking up at him through her eyelashes.

"Right. Well they sent me in here because Agent Romanoff told us that while you were in captivity, they gave you a serum that gives you new abilities and they figured if you tried anything.." he trails off.

"That if I tried something, that it should be on someone who can take the hit." Nicole finishes, with a sigh.

"Yeah." Steve breaths out. "Well if it helps, I know how you feel." Steve tells her.

"With all due respect, I don't think you do. You had a choice in getting the injection. I was kidnapped, for the second time in my life, then I was sedated to get me into the science lab and then strapped to a table while being injected. I never had a choice in any of it, you did. You may understand the feeling of new found power and not knowing what to do, but the differences in how it happened... you don't know what it's like." Nicole responds, looking down to try and stop him from seeing the tears forming in her eyes.

"I'm sorry. I wish I knew what would help." Steve consoles her the best he could and she looks up at him. "If you ever need to talk about it though, even to someone who only somewhat, understands." Steve adds, earning a chuckle from her. "I'm here." He finishes.

"Thank you, it actually helps, hearing you say that." Nicole answers him. "And I'm sorry, about how I acted when you entered. It's just how I am when meeting new people. New people haven't exactly meant good things when it comes to me, so I'm cautious." She continues and he nods in understanding. "Though, I will warn you now that I'm quite sarcastic." Nicole tells him, matter of factly and he chuckles.

"Thanks for the warning." He answers and Nicole nods once. "Now on to the questioning." He says, switching topics. "Who was it that kidnapped you?" He asks her.

"Hydra." Nicole answers, without a hesitation.

"What? I thought they were all terminated?" Steve asks in termination.

"They might have been for a short time, but these guys were definitely Hydra. When I escaped, I took down everyone in the base and had time to download everything from their database and I grabbed some of their files, and they had the Hydra symbol on them." Nicole assures him. Nick comes in and looks at Nicole.

"You are definitely still S.H.I.E.L.D." Fury tells her. "That being said, you two and Natasha meet me in my office in fifteen." He tells them and exits the room. When Nicole and Steve exit the room, Natasha and Clint are attacking Nicole into a hug and Nicole squeals in surprise.

"I missed you guys too." She says laughing. They pull away from her, laughing as well. "Nat, I've been meaning to ask. Did you guys finish that misson?" Nicole asks her and she nods.