Ch.3- "Awe, I wish I cared."

3 Months Later

Nicole was training in her destruction-proof training room when she got the call. She had gotten control of her powers and was training in combat, to not only keep her skills up but to improve them, so she would be ready for a fight when she got the call to come back. Her phone started ringing so she paused her music.

"Taylor." Nicole answers her phone.

"Nicole. How's the training going?" Fury asks from the other line.

"It's going well, I have my powers under control, and obviously continuing in my combat training." Nicole answers him, then taking a drink of water.

"You've only been off for three months, how have you already gained control over your powers?" Fury asks her.

"Well you see, when you have time off and nothing to do, you end up spending all of your time training and practicing using your new powers." Nicole tells him, her voice full of sass.

"Well, good. I need you here, there's a case. I'll brief you when you get here." Fury informs her.

"Finally." Nicole says, moving to grab her gym back and putting all of her stuff in. "I just need to stop at my apartment. I'll be there in thirty." Nicole informs him.

"Make it an hour. I need you to go and recruit Steve. I'll send you his location, see you then." He tells her and then hangs up. Nicole hangs up her phone and throws it in her bag and heads out the door and gets into her car and drives to her apartment.

She showers quickly and changes into dark blue skinny jeans, a maroon tank top and puts on her combat boots. She puts on some light eye make-up and grabs everything she needed, throws on her black leather jacket and heads out the door and to the address Fury sent her. Her hair drying to it's naturally straight style on the way over. When she walks in, Steve was beating on a punching bag. Eventually he punched it so hard, the side tore and it was launched across the room, that's when she decided to speak up.

"What did that poor punching back ever do to you?" Nicole asks him with a teasing smirk as she walked closer to him, and he started hanging another bag. He looks to her and chuckles lightly, starting to punch the other one.

"Gave me a funny look, then told me I looked fat in this shirt. Trust me, it deserved it." Steve responds, with a small smile. Nicole laughs lightly and stops a few feet way from him. "What are you doing here anyway?" He asks her, stopping the assault on the punching bag and turning to look at her. "Not that I'm not happy to see you, just curious." He quickly adds, when he sees her open her mouth to speak with a mischievous glint in her eyes. She chuckles at that.

"Fury sent me. There's a case, thinks you could be an asset." Nicole tells him, getting to the point.

"Why does he need me, when he has you?" Steve asks her, walking over to his gym bag and unwrapping his hands.

"I'm not sure. He told me he'd brief me when I got there and then told me to pick you up on my way in." Nicole answers him. "Look, if he wants the both of us I assume it's serious and I'm almost certain we aren't the only ones being recruited." Nicole tells him with a pleading look. He looks down at her for a moment, then nods.

"Okay. Give me ten minutes." He tells her and walks to the other side of the gym and walks through a door. Ten minutes later he walks out, having showered and in fresh clothes. "Let's go." He says as he approaches her, she nods and they walk out of the building and to her car and make their way to S.H.I.E.L.D.

"So what are you listening to these days?" Steve asks her while they drive.

"Uhh, mostly classic rock. Stuff from the late sixties to the late eighties." Nicole replies, turning on the radio and switching to a classic rock station.