Ch.4- "I'm ignoring you."

Once they make it back the the helicarrier, Loki is escorted to a glass chamber that he gets locked in. Thor and Bruce stand by the table, while Steve, Natasha and Nicole all sit around it, watching Fury and Loki's conversation through a screen.

"In case it's unclear," Fury starts, "You try to escape, you so much as scratch that glass," He says as he messes with the controls, opening up the floor below the container, Loki looking through the glass. "Thirty thousand feet, straight down, in a steel trap. You get how that works?" Fury ask him. "Ant." He says gesturing to Loki, "Boot." He finishes, gesturing to the controls and Loki chuckles.

"It's an impressive cage." Loki tells him, backing up with his hands out to the sides. "Not built I think, for me." He comments, stopping in the center.

"Built for something a lot stronger than you." Fury responds.

"Oh, I've heard." He says, turning to the camera in the chamber. "The mindless beast, makes play he's still a man." He comments. 

"I barely know this guy and I already hate him." Nicole comments resting her head in her hand, elbow on the table and Thor turns to look at her. "No offense." Nicole tells him, sitting up straighter. "I'm sure he's lovely when he's not trying to take over the world." Nicole says, sarcasm strong in her tone as Steve and Nat look at her in amusement before turning their attention back to the screen.

"How desperate are you? You call on such lost creatures to defend you." Loki taunts him.

"How desperate am I?" Fury asks him. "You bring my world to war, you steal a force you can't hope to control, you talk about peace and you kill cause it's fun." Fury tells him. "You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did." Fury informs him.  

"Ooh, it burns you to have come so close. To have the tesseract, have power. Unlimited power. And for what?" Loki asks him, chuckling lightly. "A warm light for all mankind to share. And then to be reminded what real power is." Loki says darkly. Fury smirks and starts walking away.

"Well, let me know if 'real power' wants a magazine or something." Fury says, leaving Loki alone and the video feed disappears.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Banner comments sarcastically. Nicole's about to respond to it, but Steve speaks up.

"Loki's gonna drag this out, so. Thor, what's his play?" Steve asks him, getting to the point.

"He has an army, called the Chitauri." Thor starts. "They're not of Asgard or any other world known, he means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth, in return, I suspect, for the Tesseract." He explains to them.

"An army. From outer space." Steve states slowly.

"So, he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for." Banner states, putting the pieces together.

"Selvig?" Thor questions him.

"He's an astrophysicist." Banner tells him.

"He's a friend." Thor says.

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours." Nat informs him.

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here." Steve states, looking around the table and Nicole nods in agreement.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guys brain is a bag full of cats. You can smell the crazy on him." Bruce responds.

"Have care how you speak." Thor informs him. "Loki's beyond reason, but he is of Asgard. And he is my brother." He says, defending Loki.