Summary Part 2

Months have passed. The goal that Nick and Christopher have been tryingto reach is very nearly in their grasps. It is implied that both Nick andChristopher have been collecting donations primarily through friends and family,and thanks to social media, awareness for their cause has grown exponentially.Thanks also to the online donation system, Christopher has more free time tostudy and his grades have begun to go up slowly. Christopher is now working onnew posters to help attract attention for while they stand on the street. Jacktells Christopher that it's pointless to keep standing at the corner becausemost of the donations are being raised online and the pocket change he getsfrom standing at the corner has no real value at this point. Although,Christopher can't exactly disagree with Jack he ignores him, and meets up withNick at the corner. When he arrives he sees Nick curled up in a ball on thebench at the corner, fiddling with the broken watch that his sister gave him.As Christopher gets closer he sees his friend crying and goes over to seewhat's wrong. Christopher reaches out to touch Nick, but Nick speaks before hecan. Nick tells Christopher that Rose is in a coma, and the doctors believe shemay not wake up. Even if she got the surgery she would just end up as a vegetable.Nick says softly under his breath that the fundraiser is over, and that thereis no longer a point in any of it. Nick gets up and walks away leavingChristopher sitting once again alone. As this happens Jack walks into view. Hesits down next to Christopher and gives him the "I was right and you shouldhave listened to me all along, and if you did you wouldn't be feeling so sadright now" speech. Christopher then vows to always do as Jack tells him fromthat point forward. Jack both looks neither happy nor sad to hear this, andjust looks off into the distance.