Chapter 1

Subaru wakes up startled, bathing in his cold sweat. His shock was obvious- frightened, grim, and breathtaking. Apparently he was killed (again) and used Return by Death; which allows him to return back to a savepoint after death. How did this happen? Best we keep it a secret.

"W-What... I don't remember seeing this ceiling before." he mumbled, widening his eyes as he saw Rem enter the dim room.

"Did you sleep well Subaru-kun?" she smiled.

"I guess so. What happened to Crusch-san?!" Subaru spoke feeling uneasy and anxious.

"Oh, she and the others are well taken care of. But for the White Whale...." she replied, Subaru instantly knowing his worries for the Demon Beast were gone.

"Hmmm. I see now, just don't worry me so much like that again!" he laughed. Rem giggled, walking toward his bed glad he was alive.

"You'd think I'd leave you? Never. You're my hero."

"Um... I guess..." Subaru blushed. In like manner, he scratched the back of his head embarrassed or ashamed when he rejected Rem. But moments pass and anything in his mind was erased- not literally. Rem had sat down on the mattress, kissed his forehead surprisingly.

"R-R-Rem!" he bursted out flushed.

"It's okay now, no matter what happens, I'll always stay by your side." she promised.

"It isn't that Rem-rin.... I love Emilia." he whispered. (But let's just agree that Rem is best girl always.)

Meanwhile, Rem was brushing pieces of Subaru's hair back in place with a grin. "I know. But what matters is you're safe now." she said.

"Really?" he chuckled. Immediately, he regretted his last sentence; ashamed he tucked his head low between the shadows. Maybe.... He thought.

"You're wonderful Subaru, more wonderful than the word itself. I might have to leave soon, Crusch's army is almost healed. Then we should be leaving tomorrow morning." Rem winked.

"Can't we just wait a few before you abandon me?" Subaru joked, bringing Rem closer to his chest.

"S-S-Subaru!"

"Hmm?" he looks down at her and laughs. "C'mon, we still have loads of time before we arrive back at Roswaal's mansion!"

"Not r-really. But d-don't you th-think this is wrong! You love Emilia." Rem insisted. The only expression he had was him smirking at Rem using an embarrassed face, meanwhile stroking her hair.

"Possibly, but it's time we had a talk. Do you really love me?" he questioned.

"Forever!" she yelped, without hesitation. "I-I mean... I know I'll n-never be good enough for you but-"

"Hey! Don't say that! And I-I do love y-you! You're always there for me, think all the great times we shared together. I could never find anyone else to replace it!" Subaru admitted, falling for Rem's cute little surprised face.

"Really? Subaru... I don't believe you. I know when you're lying but this time- you aren't. I never thought this day would come!" she confessed tugging onto his black shirt.

"Please, I could never find anyone like you Rem. You're my Rem!" finally hugging tightly onto her, she accepted it and did the same. In conclusion, Rem smiled happily while being wrapped around by her lover. Subaru felt joy for once, he actually didn't screw up this time! He grins and continues hugging, rubbing his face against her cheek adorably cute. All he had to say was three words: "I love you." And his wish came true- pure happiness. Rem nudges her nose into his face constantly, bewildered the fact about Subaru falling in love with her.

--------------------

A few days pass, Subaru felt determined to kiss Rem. But apart from the anime disappointing us from Subaru loving Emilia, I'll go even deeper within Subaru and Rem's relationship. Currently Subaru was back at Roswaal's mansion helping out with the sister maids.

"So I just cut the potato similar to this?" he chuckled attempting to peel a potato's skin off by using a knife.

"Incorrect. You must hold the blade like this, then you'll try it this way." Ram provided an example herself with the vegetable. "Now Subaru, I must go speak with Lord Roswaal, continue peeling off the other potatoes while I'm gone." she left the kitchen afterward.

"Please, I'll have this done in no time!" blood dripped from his finger nextly when he was determined to cut the vegetable's skin. Shit.

Purposely, Rem entered the room to see what the butler, Subaru, was up to. She only found him whining behind a counter with tears about to drip from his eyes. Blood was splattered across the counter with the sloppy-cutted potato. "S-Subaru!"

"I'm fine... just a cut!" he showed the injured finger. It was only a decent sized cut for him to cry. Nothing extremely terrifying let's put it this way.

"No you aren't! Let me help you!" Rem quickly grabbed a cloth, gripping it onto his poor finger.

"Geez Rem it's nothing. I'll be good here!" he petted her head gingerly. Obviously, she blushed by his affectionate action.

"I k-know just be more careful next time!"

"Why? Are you afraid I'll hurt myself more?" he teased, ignoring the bleed, grabbing hold onto Rem's body. He lifted her up cutely and smiled saying: "I'm fine." The two stare at each other in such delightment that they could sleep right there together- no blankets, only their warm souls.

"I-I am! I love you of course!" she said.

"So do I, but I can't always protect every bit of myself." Subaru answered.

"Atleast try to; for me." she lands on top of him, pushing her head into his chest. Nothing else was heard, only their breathing for the love they both held for each other. Although, Subaru and Rem try lifting up off the floor but fail only to see Beatrice enter the kitchen annoyed as usual.

End of Chapter 1